BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Short video of Welt delivery experience

4K views 20 replies 15 participants last post by  vern 
#1 ·
Took delivery of 328i Luxury on Sept 28 at BMW Welt in Munich. Here's 3 minute video of our experience.

Car details:
328i Luxury line, jet black with Veneto beige interior, Continental tires.
Premmium, tech, driver assistance, and driver assistance plus packages. Alarm system.

#4 ·
Congrats, enjoy. Brings back great memories. Good luck:thumbup:
cheers
vern

#5 ·
wow, very nice

#6 ·
Love it!!!

This should go right in the WIKI. A perfect summation of the experience. I commend you on the "aftermarket" sound you added to your video. Very natural commentary on your part. When I do a narration on my videos I get d-chills.

How many hours to create this 3 and a half minute classic?

#7 ·
Thanks for the compliment Gluhwein. To answer your question, the editing probably took me 3 hours. The bulk of the time is wading through the 20 minutes or so of source video and throwing out the bad clips and trimming and arranging the others. Then I spent some time searching my music library and inserting the songs. Finally, i added the narration which took about 15 minutes and involved sevveral "takes" to get the timing right and avoid bloops.

#10 ·
Fantastic video.

However, if you're someone who has never done an ED, I would recommend NOT watching this. It's a perfect summary of everything that happens, but therein lies the issue -- some of this is more impactful on a 1st-time EDer as a surprise. I for one, would have been disappointed to have seen and known all the details of the delivery process before doing it.

If somebody wants to put it in the wiki, I would recommend doing so with a disclaimer that it takes away a lot of the unknown gee-whiz from the delivery process.

#12 ·
Fantastic video.

However, if you're someone who has never done an ED, I would recommend NOT watching this. It's a perfect summary of everything that happens, but therein lies the issue -- some of this is more impactful on a 1st-time EDer as a surprise. I for one, would have been disappointed to have seen and known all the details of the delivery process before doing it.
Give us a break, With all the trip reports and pictures that have been posted if you don't have a idea of what your going to experience,:dunno:
cheers
vern

#11 ·
You're probably right DesertPilot, but anal folks like myself (a minority I'm sure) like to know what they're getting into. For someone like me who worries about every little detail and who has to micromanage every second of a trip, this probably would've made me even more eager than I really was. I'd have needed Zoloft to get through the waiting periods. Thankfully there were plenty of ED reports at Bimmerfest to help me iron out all my personal concerns in advance: things like how long would we be at the Welt before getting out on the road, where would we stash our 80 year old mothers while we did the happy dance around our new car, should we gorge ourselves at our Gasthof's buffet breakfast, and how would this experience be any different than just going to our beautifully appointed local dealership instead. Like I said, I am obssesive compulsive about managing my few hours away from work.

You are right, a disclaimer would make sense. :) Spoiler Alert!

#13 ·
Looking forward to the next video of the rest of your trip. Good luck:thumbup:
cheers
vern

#14 ·
I love it. :thumbup:

Now, the serious questions. Do they provide free wifi in the reception room now, and did you sign the bimmerfest ED delivery log book? :rolleyes:

#16 ·
In September I didn't have any issues with free wifi throughout the welt. The signal was stronger in the premium lounge versus on the 1st floor, as it was a different network, and I probably less people using it. I signed the book:D Didn't sign the regular Welt book as I forgot about it, but saw the big red book upon entry.

#17 ·
Nice Job, jben - thanks for sharing. Only one criticism: ending with Todd Rundgren's "Bang the Drum"? There should have been something more after such an upbeat, lead-in-type cut. But then you did say via the end titles that you were off to your next destinations. So more video is forthcoming I guess...

#18 ·
Nicely done! A great summary of the experience! Definitely brings back memories!

Looking forward to videos of the rest of your trip!

#19 · (Edited)
Subscribe to watch at home - check out my video if you like too (in my signature) of the "big moment". Remember like it was yesterday as it was such a fun experience. Can't wait to do another. I can still feel the antipication and excitement whenever I think of that wonderful day May 14th, 2010 :)

#20 ·
Vern -- The rest of the video is coming along slowly but is less ***8220;BMW centric***8221; than this one. (i.e., no clips of Nurburg Ring, or driving 150 mph on the Autobahn). Its more of a travelogue of our vacation trip through Europe than a motorsports video. Nonetheless, I***8217;m flattered that you***8217;re interested and will post link when complete.

Boothguy -- Thanks for your feedback. Choosing the right soundtrack music is always tough but in this case I took an easy approach. We wanted something upbeat and exuberant to match the emotion of the moment, and Rundgren***8217;s song was ***8220;in my head***8221; from listening to on it iPod the day before. So I used it without much consideration. I also experimented by fading out the music just before the lyrics and having voiceover hum a few bars and then sing a modified version:

I don't want to work I want to DRIVE IN THE CAR all day
I don't want to play I just want to DRIVE IN THE CAR all day

But, the result was comical and sounded cheesy so I went with the original.

#21 ·
Vern -- The rest of the video is coming along slowly but is less "BMW centric" than this one. (i.e., no clips of Nurburg Ring, or driving 150 mph on the Autobahn). Its more of a travelogue of our vacation trip through Europe than a motorsports video. Nonetheless, I'm flattered that you're interested and will post link when complete.
Looking forward to it.Good luck:thumbup:
cheers
vern

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.