BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Mediabridge install question

3K views 5 replies 2 participants last post by  Lurch09 
#1 ·
So I'm trying to get the Mediabridge (w/BT) to work on an '01 M5 w/DSP and 16:9 Nav.

The power cable for the DSP unit=(black to brown cable in the AMP, and the black/white cable to the green/red in the amp). That went fine.

Coax and RCA cables in to the DSP unit, then the 3 and 6 pin into the interface cable. Interface cable to the MB unit itself. Whew! So per the guide, DIP switches set to 1-ON, 2-OFF.

But when I plug the iPod into the USB port in the rear, I get nothing. The MB is getting power and charging my iPod but that's it.

Anyone know where I messed up?

#2 ·
So I'm trying to get the Mediabridge (w/BT) to work on an '01 M5 w/DSP and 16:9 Nav.

The power cable for the DSP unit=(black to brown cable in the AMP, and the black/white cable to the green/red in the amp). That went fine.

Coax and RCA cables in to the DSP unit, then the 3 and 6 pin into the interface cable. Interface cable to the MB unit itself. Whew! So per the guide, DIP switches set to 1-ON, 2-OFF.

But when I plug the iPod into the USB port in the rear, I get nothing. The MB is getting power and charging my iPod but that's it.

Anyone know where I messed up?
That is likely an issue with the DSP adapter! Make sure to verify all the coax connections, as well as the power connections are good and solid.

#3 ·
Ok so I looked at my connections, and all appear to be well. I removed the power cables from the AMP power and re-attached. same result, though, when the iPod is plugged in it DOES register the MB (says audiovox on the top of the screen) so it knows it's there. But when I switch the mode on the stereo to where the CD player is all I get is CD1 Track 1, no ability to change track numbers. Also my iPhone isn't picking up the BT in the MB unit.

Whew!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.