BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Here I am again.

1K views 12 replies 7 participants last post by  zfxpE34 
#1 ·
After further news everything is going great, except..

I do not have any door ajar messages or any chimes, this concerns me..
Any advice on finding out why?

#3 ·
Dare I say it? Grounds.

#7 ·
The volts lost through bad grounds cause all sorts of problems with the computers/electronic controlers throughout the BMW ranges. Fixing them often makes the problems go away. Grounds combined with corroded terminals seem to cause more problems than anything else that comes up in the forums.

#8 ·
I understand what a ground is. I know it well. FF's reaction or suggestion of it when its mentioned is what I mean. See other threads.

Sent from Joe's Galaxy SIII via BimmerApp

#11 ·
So i recently had a bit of water enter through the sunroof due to a blocked drain. All issues are fixed now although the only problem that remains is that My "door open" chime keeps ringing everytimr I stop in traffac and continue to drive. its so annoying, as you would imagine the interior lights stay on the entire time as the "computer" thinks there is an open door. So I have turned the interior lights off until I get it sorted. So if you think its the grounds, please tell me where to look and how to fix ??

#12 ·
Did you try what I told you?

Do this. Remove the B-pillar cover. Behind where the seatbelt runs, there is a crevice that you can reach up into to get to the wires that control the door jamb switch. Short them together and see if the problem goes away.
If the messages do go away, you know the problem is at the switch.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.