BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Looking to purchase a warranty on a used X5 that has expired

3K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  phl08 
#1 ·
My wife recently purchased a 2009 X5 with 52k miles from a dealer in Miami called off lease. The warranty she purchased covers everything up to 75k miles or 36 months. She paid 3879.00 for the coverage which allows us to bring it to any BMW dealer to get the car fixed. We have 30 days to cancel the coverage. I wanted to know if anyone knew of any better deals and coverage out there.

#4 ·
1) what warranty is this, I don't get it if you got a warranty thru BMW or some aftermarket. Since your already 2k over the oem warranty, I'm guessing the dealer gave you some aftermarket warranty that they do business with.
2) what are the specifics of your current warranty. Deductibles, coverage, new or refurbished parts, what repair shops.

#5 ·
OP clearly doesnt want to think too much, just wants "cheaper".

I'm betting this whole thing is a mess and a half....

#7 ·
OP's car is 2000 miles out of the factory warranty.

#9 ·
As the 2nd owner of my X5, I purchased it a month after it came off out of warranty. Good news is that it only has 34000 miles on it (2008 model). But the BMW SA in Mt. Laurel, NJ told me that there is not a BMW warranty available to me, as a 2nd owner. There is a maintenance plan that will allow me to take it in for inspections, oil, wiper blades, belts and brake pads/discs/fluids. I think the cost was about $2400. Seems high. I can do my own brakes, and the other things will not cost me $2400 over the next 4 years.

For an actual warranty plan to cover repairs/malfunctions, he said I'd need to shop 3rd party providers since it's not something this dealership gets involved with.

From what I read here, it looks like there are some dealers who will assist with this. As of now, I've not chosen anything...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.