BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

rim 17

960 views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  chet31 
#1 ·
my BMW 318i came with rim 16., can i comfortably change to rim 17., and what type of tyres will be good for me....

#3 ·
This is a US-based forum....you`re on the other side of the world. Depends on what local suppliers you have available, as far as tires go. Brands like Hankook and Kumho have good, reasonably-priced tires. And yes, you can use 17-inch wheels on your car. Read the E46 Wiki, it contains information on proper wheel fitment.

#4 · (Edited)
BMW 3 series/ E46

Hi. Yes, you can use 17's. The BMW rims that came on my 316 SE (E46) are BMW's own. The tyre size on them is 225 / 45 / 17's. But if you buy different wheels from mine, you'll need to match the rims with the appropriate 17" tyres obviously.

A good balance of performance and price are the new Uniroyal Rainsport 3 if you're in a cooler climate. They are about 85 euro a side if you purchase online. They are amazing in all weather and get better ratings than almost every other premium brand. Warmer climate? Find a good website and look at the reviews. Bridgestone/ Michelin/ Pirelli usually a safe bet. Have a look at the reviews.

http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/Tyre/Uniroyal/Rainsport-3.htm

:thumbup:

#5 ·
Hi. Yes, you can use 17's. The BMW rims that came on my 316 SE (E46) are BMW's own. The tyre size on them is 225 / 45 / 17's. But if you buy different wheels from mine, you'll need to match the rims with the appropriate 17" tyres obviously.

A good balance of performance and price are the new Uniroyal Rainsport 3. They are about £85 a side if you purchase online. They are amazing in all weather and get better ratings than almost every other premium brand. Have a look at the reviews;

http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/Tyre/Uniroyal/Rainsport-3.htm

P.S, I find asdatyres the best and cheapest place to buy. You can get them fitted at an enormous amount of locations aswell.

:thumbup:
Reading Is Fundamental (RIF)

So is geography....

You`re in Scotland

OP is in Africa

Bimmerfest is in the US

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.