BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

E92 M3 Production Confirmed Through mid-2013

20K views 17 replies 15 participants last post by  enigma 
#1 ·
E92 M3 Production confirmed until 2013

With the official dealer launch of the F30 3 series sedan on February 11th we close the chapter on the E90 sedan and M3. For sedan M3 fans we look forward to a F80 (chassis code for the F30 M3 sedan) M3 concept car launch that could be happening as soon as the Geneva Auto Show in March. For fans of the E92 M3 coupe who are either driving one now or hoping to get one before end of production, I have good news!

While at the Detroit Auto Show I had a chance to sit down with Matt Russel, BMW M Brand Manager, and discuss the future of the M3. He was tight lipped about the F80/F82 M3 but did let slip that the E92 M3 will be produced until mid-2013. The rumors that the F32 coupe and F82 (F32 M3 coupe chassis code) M3 coupe are just around the corner are just that, rumors. We have two more model years of the E92 M3 before we have to say goodbye.

E92 M3 Specifications at a Glace
HP - 414 at 8300 RPMs
Torque - 295 at 3900 RPMs
0-60 - 4.7 seconds (4.5 w/ DCT)
Transmission - 6 speed manual or 7 speed M Double-clutch Transmission with Drivelogic
Weight - 3704 lbs

E92 M3 Production confirmed until 2013

Mid-2013 is just about when we're expecting the end of production for the non-M E92 so it is likely that the 328i/335i E92 coupe and M3 will all wind down production together. It will be a sad end to a great car but in the mean time there is still time left to enjoy the E92 as the king of the M3 hill!

See less See more
#2 ·
When is the new M3 sedan scheduled to start production?

#3 ·
I just love that picture of your car, beden1! Hot, hot, hot!

#5 ·
Thanks! :thumbup:

#4 ·
The one hint we can give is that they won't mix M3 styles in production. That means something along the lines of the M3 sedan coming into production no later than the middle of next year. Probably the second half of 2013.

#6 ·
Thanks!

#9 ·
I'm betting BMW has some sorta surprise up its sleeve for the very end. Or at least that would be a nice sendoff.

#11 ·
If the rumor of triple TC's in a 6 is true. This will still be King of The Hill.

One thing BMW does across all models is to complicate the shyte out of things. Sounds like the new one will be an engineer's (and service dept.) wet dream.

I'm not a big FI fan and I really don't like TC in a carving car. SC, if done right can be good, TC... not so much

I know the sequential TC thing is the "answer" but just not for me. Way too many parts, way too much electronic control (or lack thereof), much to go wrong.

#14 ·
Interesting how many people feel strongly about rims. I don't really care that much, but I'm very content with the rims that came with my car (1999 528). (These rims look fine to me...but then I don't care, so what do I know?) I love ALL the BMW rims, because they're BMW rims. Okay. Rant finished. Chat among yourselves.

#15 ·
Well for one, they need to be round :).

#16 ·
Seems like all of the P.R. and announcements avoid the M3 Convertible (E93)...anyone hear what's going on with (a) current version production and (b) possible next version?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.