BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

2-Way Remote Start. Trying to decide on one

2K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  7amadabmw 
#1 ·
I'm in the market for a 2-way remote start, maybe even that iPhone remote start as well if it's not too much more. I wanted to see what your guys thoughts on the systems were.

I found compustar and viper which were both around $400 installed with a 2way communicator. The smartstart (viper iphone app) would be an extra $250. Drone (compustar iphone app) seems to be way more expensive at around $1000 installed.

Any good recommendations or info on remote starts? I would probably want to either tie it into my current alarm system or just get an aftermarket alarm which would cost more but I want everything to work off the same remote.

Any info is appreciated! I plan to get this somewhat soon after I make up my mind. Thanks.

#2 · (Edited)
BMW doesn't recommend remote starters. If you do decide to put one in anyway make sure it is compatible with BMW electronics,If not your car will not go into the sleep mode there fore creating battery drain. Good luck
cheers
vern

#4 ·
When all your electronics turn off so you don't have battery drain. If you have a manual it would pay to read it for further information. Good luck
cheers
vern

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.