BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Recommended threads

2K views 18 replies 6 participants last post by  Balzac 
#1 ·
What threads would be most useful for someone with no BMW knowledge who is considering buying an X5? Probably a 2013 model, but possibly a 2014.

Thanks

#3 ·
I appreciate the response, icuc, but I don't really have the spare time to read through 5,900 threads. That's why I was hoping that one or more of the regulars could suggest a few threads that they thought would be especially useful in helping me understand the pros and cons of an X5 as a daily driver.

#4 ·
Hey Bud,
Best thing to do is either use the search for a topic of interest or just start scanning subject lines and read as you go. People don't know what you are really most interested in reading about (reliability, performance, interior appointments, purchase experience, pricing...etc) to post a thread of interest for you. Trust me, scanning topics is time well spent when considering a car like this. Trust me, you WILL find some nuggets in there!

good luck :thumbup:

#7 ·
Hey Bud,
Best thing to do is either use the search for a topic of interest or just start scanning subject lines and read as you go. People don't know what you are really most interested in reading about (reliability, performance, interior appointments, purchase experience, pricing...etc) to post a thread of interest for you. Trust me, scanning topics is time well spent when considering a car like this. Trust me, you WILL find some nuggets in there!

good luck :thumbup:
Fair enough. But I'll keep watching this thread in case anyone has specific threads they think would be helpful. Thanks for the advise.

#14 ·
My suggestion is to try to find a dealership that will allow you to take extended test drives. The X5 I ended up ordering, and buying was totally not the one I had my heart set on going into the ordering process. The dealership I worked with let me take the inline 6 cylinder gas sport activity model for a couple hours, and then the diesel model for a couple hours. In the end, after that much time behind the wheel of each, it was evident which engine I wanted, and from there, I came to the forum and used the search function to read relevant posts about different options I thought about considering. I found that approach worked extremely well. A few days into ownership of my X5, and I still can't wipe the smile off my face, so I clearly made the right choices! I hope your ordering and buying process is as fun and successful.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.