BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

M6

2K views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  XZLR8 
#1 ·
Any intel on the M6 release? My wife is trying to decide whether to get a 650 know or wait for the M6.

#7 ·
I haven't heard anything about an M6 version, but there is a picture of a new Alpina B6 at the Frankfurt Auto Show in this week's AutoWeek Magazine.

#8 · (Edited)
All I can say is that the M6 will be a monster. These cars are so much more visceral - exhaust note anyone - than the sedans that its not funny. If you have driven one, you understand, if not you most certainly will. I had DINAN Stage 1 software on my GT and albeit it's a heavier car it pulled like a jet on takeoff. The Software upgrade totally changed the driving characteristics. With the "6" - I question the need for it now. If I do decide to do the software upgrade to the 6, I am going straight to Stage 2. I have checked - spoke with Scott at DINAN, not available yet;)

An M6 however, man that car will be a force to be reckoned with. Even coming from a B7 the 650 may prove satisfactory - if not, 501hp and 580ft/lbs (with DINAN) is very easily attained while waiting for the M version. Just my two cents

#9 ·
All I can say is that the M6 will be a monster. These cars are so much more visceral - exhaust note anyone - than the sedans that its not funny. If you have driven one, you understand, if not you most certainly will. I had DINAN Stage 1 software on my GT and albeit it's a heavier car it pulled like a jet on takeoff. The Software upgrade totally changed the driving characteristics. With the "6" - I question the need for it now. If I do decide to do the software upgrade to the 6, I am going straight to Stage 2. I have checked - spoke with Scott at DINAN, not available yet;)

An M6 however, man that car will be a force to be reckoned with. Even coming from a B7 the 650 may prove satisfactory - if not, 501hp and 580ft/lbs is very easily attained while waiting for the M version. Just my two cents
I agree about the visceral comment. The exhaust note is strong...and fun. The M6 will be awesome, but I am happy right now. I would think a B7 would fun for a Sedan

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.