BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Motor Swap NEED HELP: Used Long Block Engine M30 E24 3.5Liter

4K views 14 replies 10 participants last post by  ross1 
#1 ·
I own a 1986 325 no "e" or "i". I recently drove through a flood and killed my motor. I plan on on putting the m30 3.5liter e24 motor from a older model 635 in. The motor i have now only goes up to 5000 rpms and I dont want to put a beastly motor in just to be restricted by my current computer settings. Is there a chip I can buy to fix this? Is there anyway to put a 635 racing chip into my computer now? I dont know what to do. Somebody please help me out. :dunno:

#4 ·
#10 ·
my old man always used to tell me "its all nuts and bolts" whenever I couldn't figure something out on my car as a kid. Ha I'm glad to see someone else say it.

#14 ·
Well I was gonna get the parts off of ebay because I'm having trouble finding a car. The plan was to get a motor off of Bavarian Auto Recycling and have it shipped to me for around 800 in all and hopefully turn my beat up 325 into more of a beast I just don't know where to start. Either way I need a new motor because it got flooded out.

#15 ·
There are plenty derelict 535 and 735s out there. You can buy a complete running car for less than the cost of a mystery motor from a recycler. You will have all the components you wil need that way and be able to sell off a bunch of other stuff.
Unless you know exactly what you will need a complete donor car is the answer.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.