BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Muting the radio to hear Navigation Lady?

4K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  boyce 06 330 
#1 ·
Does anyone know if your radio can be muted when the Navigation Lady speaks to you? My 335d used to do it, but in my 2011 x5, it doesn't seem to do this. Is there a setting someplace? Thanks!

#3 ·
Thanks for the tip. I used the volume to raise "her" voice, and that worked fine. But she's extra loud along with the radio at a similar volume. My last car used to mute the radio some to hear Navi Lady speak, then the radio volume would return to normal. I'll go through the manual and see what's up.

#4 ·
Should be an iDrive setting to set the nav volume...increasing it will make her voice louder but the radio will remain low (or wherever you have it)

#7 ·
My truck automatically lowers the volume of the radio when the nav has something to say. For me, it's a little annoying since I usually have the nav voice turned completely off since I see directions from the HUD, so it sounds like my speakers' volume drops for no reason.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.