BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

New X5 Buyer's Resource: The X5 Digital Brochure...

15K views 12 replies 9 participants last post by  Marwan 
#1 ·
Has this ever been posted here before?

:dunno:

Please allow ample time for download...

For best results, "Right Click /Save As" file to your computer desktop. Requires Adobe Acrobat Reader.

#2 ·
First I've seen it, very slick!

Thanks for posting it Jon.

#4 ·
Wow...The stock sound system in a bare 35i is better than the stock in the 35d. Why does that seem wrong?

35i base:

Anti-theft AM/FM stereo CD/MP3 player audio system with Radio Data System (RDS)
includes high-fidelity 10-speaker sound system with 2 subwoofers under the front
seats and digital 7-channel amplifier with 205 watts of power

35d:

Anti-theft AM/FM stereo CD/MP3 player audio system with Radio Data System (RDS)
includes high-fidelity 6-speaker sound system with 2 subwoofers under the front seats

#5 ·
From the brochure:

"Model Year2011 X5 xDrive35 d content shown in brochure; Model Year 2012 will be available October 2012 ."

Its just not an updated pdf...no big deal. The 10 speaker system is standard on all MY12 x5's. Mine has it. Its decent, but lacks the EQ settings of the Premium Hi-Fi system. Much better than the base from the MY11's

Thanks Jon!

#7 ·
Sound System

Spec'ing 2012 premium and my dealer did add the ZPS for sound. When I did a few test drives from the lot I did notice much better sound with standard audio versus previous years and my MY2009.

When I am not wanting to listen to road slip by at high speed I do definitely want good sound however not sure about springing for the ZPS and it's not coming for free apparently :rolleyes:

How much better is the premium sound and is it worth the price?

Enjoy!!

#8 ·
Has the updated '12 version been uploaded yet? This is the early '12 version, with a lot of '11 information.

- Mike

#10 ·
Bike racks for 2011 X5

I have a Black with tan leather 2011 X5 35d and have read most of the posts on the bike racks. I was hoping someone has found an after market one that fits in the predrilled holes underneath AND comes off. I went to local BMW shop here in central Florida, Fields BMW and they only have the bike rack that swings out but doesn't come off. No good for me, I want to be able to take off out of the way.

Any help with this would be great.

I own the 2011 X535d and a 2009 335I hard top convertible also black and tan.

David

#11 ·
I have a Black with tan leather 2011 X5 35d and have read most of the posts on the bike racks. I was hoping someone has found an after market one that fits in the predrilled holes underneath AND comes off. I went to local BMW shop here in central Florida, Fields BMW and they only have the bike rack that swings out but doesn't come off. No good for me, I want to be able to take off out of the way.

Any help with this would be great.

I own the 2011 X535d and a 2009 335I hard top convertible also black and tan.

David
Read this thread. I and others discuss the BMW rack that goes in the eye sockets. It can be very easily removed in less than a minute.

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=424818&highlight=

#13 ·
David,

The bike rack is actually silver and as far as I know, that's the only color it comes in. It doesn't look bad at all on my black X5, by the way... Pleased to know you found my post usefull. Let me know if you have more questions about this rack.

Marwan.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.