BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Tracking the order

13K views 177 replies 15 participants last post by  hufington 
#1 · (Edited)
I just placed an order for a 2013 535i space gray/cinnamon. The dealer gave me the production number. However, when I sign in to bmwusa website there is a 535i xdrive which is black on black. I did not order an xdrive and the car that ordered is not black. When mentioned, the dealer says that it is normal and BMW does that for security purposes. Is this true? Anyone experienced anything similar?
Thanks.

#63 ·
Same as above. Looks like you have a good chance of making on board.

#64 ·
Thanks guys. That gives me hope. Note to self: you are a grown man. Have some patience and stop checking WW every 10 minutes lol

#65 ·
The Don Juan has left the port. No updates on WW for my car. I'll keep checking.

#66 ·
YES!!!! The site just updated. My car is on the Don Juan!!!! Lol!!! Note to self: I am a grown man, I can't get so excited. Lol.

Brooks, is your car on as well?

#67 ·
YES!!!! The site just updated. My car is on the Don Juan!!!! Lol!!! Note to self: I am a grown man, I can't get so excited. Lol.

Brooks, is your car on as well?
I knew it. Congrats. Now you'll be glued to the screen and check its position every 10 minutes until it is out of range in the Atlantic Ocean.:thumbup:

#71 · (Edited)
The WW site says my vehicle has been discharged in Baltimore. Now it goes to the vehicle distribution center to be checked for damage in transit. The tracking blog (http://www.bmwblog.com/2009/07/14/how-to-follow-a-new-bmw-from-order-to-shipping-and-to-delivery) says this:

The car will spend up to three days being prepped for the American market, and being repaired to factory specifications
should damage have occurred in transit, in my case, none did.

How did he know that no damage had occurred to his vehicle in transit? Is there a way for me to know if my vehicle incurred any damage.

Regarding delivery schedule, I contacted my sales guy and he said this:

Once your new BMW arrives at the port, we estimate about 1-2 weeks before it arrives here (in Lincoln, NE). It won't be long. I will keep you updated once it is dispatched to a carrier. Once it is dispatched, it only takes 2 days.

Come on dude, is it 1 week or 2 weeks, or 8 days, or 9, or 10 before it is dispatched to a carrier? I mean, which is it? I'm too excited to be left hanging with such a broad schedule!

#72 ·
My friend told me about these forums and I was shocked at all the information you can find on here. Anyways, I'm new to this, but just waiting on Mia (535i) to arrive. Currently, she's at the port awaiting a shipping vessel, but she's been there since Saturday, 02.09.2013. I've been rather calm and now I think I'm finally getting to the super excited phase. So close, yet so far.

#74 ·
Same here... How long has it been there?

I'm waiting on 535, but not xi... Carbon Black w/ black dakota and anthracite trim, m-sport, cold weather (don't laugh, I know it's not needed in Texas, well not down here), tech, premium, driver assist, soft close doors, ceramic controls, auto high beams

#79 ·
Boheme just anchored! A Monday pickup would be ideal, anybody think it will be ready? The dealership is less than 15 miles away from the port.

#83 ·
#88 ·
Maybe they are sitting next to each other with window seats! Lol. I hope they are behaving.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Bimmer App

#90 ·
Mine just arrived at the dealership today! Still has to be shipped to me (dealer is in Nebraska, I am in Utah) but it won't be long now! Can't wait!

Mine was on the Figaro, which anchored the day before the Boheme. So those on the Boheme are very close!

#97 · (Edited)
Finally convinced them for the mats and the also refilled the tires with nitrogen. Overall pretty good process but it took long because I had to get them to push it through the pre delivery inspection today as well as the detail.

#98 ·
My buddy sent me that last message from the back seat when the sales advisor was in the car watching me set everything up. Can't believe I had to push so hard for the rubber mats. Literally talked to everybody just short of the GM.

Attachments

#101 ·
rparik01, Congrats on the new F10.

rparik01 & hufington, if you don't mind, can you guys provide what is the actual purchase price before any incentives on your ordered F10s? I'm thinking about placing an order for a F10 with either Freehold or Bloomfield by the end of the month. Did you guys work with Ivan?

#106 ·
The wheel and tire insurance I'm getting is through First Automotive which is I think $762 for OEM tires and wheels for 4 years and I think it was around $970 for the upgraded one that covers after market wheels and tires. I forget if it's 4 or 5 years. Yes you have to get the work pre authorized but they will pay it in full. My dealer told me about the insurance because he knew the one BMW sells is way overpriced.

#107 ·
The wheel and tire insurance I'm getting is through First Automotive which is I think $762 for OEM tires and wheels for 4 years and I think it was around $970 for the upgraded one that covers after market wheels and tires. I forget if it's 4 or 5 years. Yes you have to get the work pre authorized but they will pay it in full. My dealer told me about the insurance because he knew the one BMW sells is way overpriced.

I love the reassurance. Did you get it from Ray Catena up there? Also, I think you may have gotten 5 years because the form from First Automotive only offers 3 or 5 years. They couldn't give me 4 years for my 39 months lease, so I took 5 for the extra $100 bucks. He mentioned I can "return" whatever time I don't use even if I have claims, but I'm not counting on that.

#115 ·
I told another dealer in the area that I would do the wheel/tire insurance for $1,000 but they did not care how cheap First Automotive was doing it for the really won't budge, doesn't make sense to me unless it really costs them a lot. They wanted like $1900++.

I'm going to get coding done remotely instead of driving an hour or so to meet the guy who does it. Can't wait to get the car and have that done. I also got lucky and located a tint shop 1 mile from the BMW dealership that I called and they said they work with the dealer and said I would pay them direct to avoid markup for the tint, the dealer would bring the car to them and they would tint it and have it ready for me when I sign and drive. I had that on my last car and I love picking up the car already done and not having to find a tint shop, get a ride there and back, blah blah..

#116 ·
I told another dealer in the area that I would do the wheel/tire insurance for $1,000 but they did not care how cheap First Automotive was doing it for the really won't budge, doesn't make sense to me unless it really costs them a lot. They wanted like $1900++
That's an absurd price for tire/wheel insurance. They are loosing business by being greedy.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Bimmer App

#117 ·
Some of these dealers don't understand that your are building relationships not selling something. I am a real estate broker and we build relationships we don't "sell". Sure I can sell 100 houses a year but I want all of my clients happy and I do the right thing if need be to make the deal work. This brings in way more sales and money then getting full price for some stupid overpriced wheel insurance.

I remember my 1st Mercedes they wanted $550 to tint the car when it costs at best $300 for them to get it tinted. They want to make a profit on every little thing, in the long run it pisses people off and not good business with bringing back past customers and potential new referrals.

The reason why I use the same dealer for every car I get is because he always does the right thing. I have sent him soooo many people because of that.

#118 · (Edited)
Some of these dealers don't understand that your are building relationships not selling something. I am a real estate broker and we build relationships we don't "sell". Sure I can sell 100 houses a year but I want all of my clients happy and I do the right thing if need be to make the deal work. This brings in way more sales and money then getting full price for some stupid overpriced wheel insurance.
+1 for the concept of building relationships, which works in so many industries and yet is utilized so very little. :dunno:

Building a relationship is a two way street. And sometimes it can be destroyed by some other guy that's not part of the relationship.

I was building a pretty good relationship with the sales associate at my local BMW dealership over the course of a few years after I had purchased my E60 from him, but when the finance guy wouldn't budge on his "take it or leave it offer" for my F10 order that was $2,200 more than what I was offered from an out-of-state dealership, where do you think I went? Where do you think my business partner and other friends will go when their leases are up over the next few years?

I want the dealership to make money. Had the local finance guy even gotten within $500 of the out-of-state dealer's already profitable deal, I would have struck and gone local because of my sales associate. I felt bad about what happened, so I took the sales associate a very nice edible arrangement for Christmas to try and keep the relationship going.

Not building a relationship costs you. Sometimes it is some unrelated guy that "doesn't get it" that destroys things. In my case, it was the "finance guy."

#120 ·
rparik01 & hufington,

Got the PMs. That was helpful. Thanks.:thumbup:

#124 ·
The dealer sent me some teaser pics (see sig). It's sitting in Nebraska waiting for the weather to clear up. Likely not getting it until next week :-(

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.