BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

OT: Got another dent in the miata. Guess I am going to need a more agressive polish.

2K views 15 replies 10 participants last post by  Jakked 
#1 ·
Tiff was driving home last night and some girl in a ancient Chevy Caprice jumped out in front of her. Tiff T-Boned her.

Tiff is banged up but fine, however I think the Miata is going to need a little work.

Anyone know a good dent doctor? :yikes:

I am going to have to use a more aggressive cutting agent when I polish out the scratches!:eek:

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Hate to say it but I think that old girl is done. With the value I would bet it is a total loss.
It breaks your heart when one of your cars gets crashed (especially by someone else) but at least there were no injuries.
Time to start surfing autotrader!

#3 ·
Hate to hear about friends cars being bent up. Very glad to hear that Tiff is OK. From looking at the pictures, what broke the windshield in those specific places?

#4 ·
Passenger Side Airbag took out the windshield from what I can tell.

However, the impact broke the hard top at the top rear corners of the windows, and it buckled the rear fenders a bit.

#9 ·
Tiff looks like she went a couple rounds with Tyson though.

Apparently air bags hurt!

#12 ·
yeah, looks like that miata is done for. Good news is, the 2006+ models are out now! They have Xenon Headlights, Power Top, Automatic Windshield Wipers, and a lot of the same perks as the Z4. You can get a pre-owned 30k mile 2007 MX-5 Miata with a good package for less than $15,000. I would take what the insurance will give and make it the down payment.

Also, have hardtop miata's!

#15 ·
Drove a 997 yesterday. Made me feel guilty, but I really liked it.

I think thats a bad sign.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.