BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

E-Class stalwart considering F10.. eccentric q's/observations inside

23K views 208 replies 32 participants last post by  K-A 
#1 · (Edited)
Hello all. I have some kind of oddball q's that make sense in my own mind & matter to me, and observations/stream of consciousness to go with that....

I may be transferring my E's Lease over to someone soon, and vowed to not consider a 4-Door popular Sedan again, as I was afraid what happened with my W212 would happen again (as hot as a design is to my eyes, once I see them identical versions EVERYWHERE time and time again, the magic disappears). However, where else are you gonna find such great engineering at such a great price. With the E/5 line you basically get the brands best engineering, best dynamic size ratio, and top of the line design prowess, just in a very customary, somewhat accessible and conventionally natured package, and for a bargain compared to a spin off like a 6/CLS/7, etc.

I am a big fan of my E-Class, but I've been craving something a bit more sporty and dynamic, less convoluted (more timeless) in design, yet more refined/luxurious. My ideal car is a new 911 but it may be too much a financial stretch for me to be comfortable with. What has started to deter me from Mercedes are what I consider horrible and desperate newer designs coming out from the brand, and the W212's interior is just a little too.... "cold".

#1- One question I have is, those of you who bought the F10 because the DESIGN TURNED YOU ON (not because you needed the size for family, etc.), has the commonality started to already deter you of the "magic factor"? Or those especially with M Sports, has the relative "rareness" of that package kept the presence continually fresh?

One thing I HATE about Mercedes is how the AMG Package is so whored out. Even with my mods, it's made it so my E just seems to much like a "fleet car", the exact look and setup from the factory is too commonplace.

One thing I LOVE about the 5-Series/BMW is how they still treat the M Package as something relatively special, and still charge for it. Therefore, whenever I see a white F10 with M Package and especially a black grille and some tinted windows.... it looks kind of almost exotic to me, so European and simply glorious, and just such a beautiful sight. The E's AMG look is so "normal" now, that it lacks that same specialness.

#2 - However, do you guys think that after 2013 with the M Sport becoming cheaper, someone like me who'd get a 5-Series would be kicking myself for falling into the same formula (find it hot and individual at first, then all of a sudden the company makes it too commonplace)? I.e, do you assume the M Sport Package will become much more common? To note again, one of the reasons I want to move on from my E is I wanted something that wasn't so "common". I don't mind having a popular car, but at least some package variation is necessary to keep things fresh. The 5 offering things like an Elegance-package or M Sport (I wish they still had the regular "Sport" as well still, but ah well), and chrome or shadowline window trim really goes a long way, and shows passion from the brand, IMO.I

And finally, #3, the F10 facelift is coming up in like 7-8 months.... maybe not the best time to consider buying one? (I don't want to Lease anymore unless it's too enticing, I'd want to fish out a "too good to be true" deal and simply buy it, if possible).

If you read through all this, I salute you! :D

P.S: The 5-Series is a car that's been in my blood line, literally. I passed my driving test in an E34, used to joyride my Mom's, my whole family practically had one, the first car I ever drove was one in fact. My Brother had one and before that an E28 that I loved, then my Mom and a friend had an E39 and that car was my favorite car in the world back then, my Mom's ex used to own a BMW dealership, and the first car that made me want to actually literally buy a Luxury Car was an E60 I was borrowing from family for a short period which in turn inspired me to drive to buy my first ever Luxury Car (a Benz), etc. So IF I got a 5er, it'd be like "coming home". :D

See less See more
#2 ·
Wow is this the same K-A? BMW is offering free m sport package on the 2013 7 series. Don't know what that tells you...

5 series is a better car than the E... And I have an E. the thing that killed it for me was the terrible throttle response. If you can get passed that then you will love the 5, for me I hated it.

#3 ·
Wow is this the same K-A? BMW is offering free m sport package on the 2013 7 series. Don't know what that tells you...

5 series is a better car than the E... And I have an E. the thing that killed it for me was the terrible throttle response. If you can get passed that then you will love the 5, for me I hated it.
Lol, yes indeed.

What got me was after driving the 5 Series and trying to set aside my subjectives, as I remember someone here telling me when we had an E VS 5 Series debate: "The 5 does everything better". It really does and it's hard to deny that. I drove one not too long ago and it even felt more comfortable I think.

My biggest "fear" here is that I get something simply because I seek change and realize that the same things that bugged me the first time bug me again (commonality, getting "too conventional" a car when I don't really need conventionality in my life, etc.).

After seeing how drastic the facelift of the W212 which makes it look like even M-B's own designers can't design something which they will stand behind and give consumers confidence in that they're buying a timelessly-intended vehicle, the love-jones started to wane.

I had no idea of the M Sport being free on 7 Series'. Probably means it's a matter of time before the 5er gets it. Grr, I miss the W211 and E60 days, when the AMG and M Sport Packages were expensive, therefore rare, and those of us who happily paid up for them could enjoy the benefits of what a mass/popular car offers, but have it look noticeably more upmarket when seen in a row of its brethren.

Looking through Classifieds, it jus becomes more and more apparent that as an all arounder and ultimate dynamic choice of vehicle, being "just expensive enough but not too much" to give that that exclusivity-yet-attainable factor, you just can't beat the E/5 segment of cars. No wonder everyone wants 'em.

#4 ·
#1- One question I have is, those of you who bought the F10 because the DESIGN TURNED YOU ON (not because you needed the size for family, etc.), has the commonality started to already deter you of the "magic factor"? Or those especially with M Sports, has the relative "rareness" of that package kept the presence continually fresh?

The F10 does have a great look. The MSport package makes it look better. I haven't seen many F10 MSports. but 550's aren't common either. So I can't say either is common yet.

#2 - However, do you guys think that after 2013 with the M Sport becoming cheaper, someone like me who'd get a 5-Series would be kicking myself for falling into the same formula (find it hot and individual at first, then all of a sudden the company makes it too commonplace)? I.e, do you assume the M Sport Package will become much more common?

And finally, #3, the F10 facelift is coming up in like 7-8 months....
Now what I hear what you want is exclusivity and there's two ways to achieve that: 1) spend a lot of money, or 2) get something quirky - like a Saab 9-5. Number 2 is easy, but then you are stuck driving a Saab. Number 1 is much harder for achieve, but trading off some of the F10's pricier options and replacing with Dinan options is a route to consider. In the two years that I have owned my Dinan5 I only saw one other Dinan and that was an E39 Dinan5. The M5 guys may claim they have the superior car, but drive one of each into a BMW dealer and see which one gets you the rock star treatment. That includes non-Dinan BMW dealers too. Unfortunately, this might not work if you lease your cars. Good Luck,

#5 · (Edited)
LOL @ Option 2. Very true.

Yes, fact of the matter is, with the budget that I'm trying to force myself to work with, either I can get a Used "Exclusive" car, a'la Maserati GranTurismo (for example) at around the same price I can get a well loaded new F10 (and of course if I get a well loaded slightly Used F10, then I can take the price on that down some).

Fact of the matter is, if you're in "New F10" pricing ballpark, you can squeeze out something pretty exotic, but it'll be out of warranty, and we all know the risks in that.

So yeah, exclusivity and warranty-backed reliability mean the piggy bank has to open up quite wide.

Hence why I'm back here in the MidSize Sedan segment realizing just why I keep looking here in the first place. :D

Another option is a newer 6-Series, but I always knew the market would consider them way inflatedly priced, and the resale would come down quickly and swiftly.... which I'm already noticing. I still think the F10 is perhaps the nicest BMW out right now, and that even includes the stunning new 6 family (well, they're perhaps my favorite designs out there, period, save for the new 991 and upcoming Cayman), so the F10 gives you that "value pull" though lacks the "exclusivity". I might just keep looking at 6ers as it's the perfect all-arounder I think right now, and keep an eye on where very lightly (single digit mileage) CPO versions prices are going.

The Dinan option sounds enticing, though I'm an aesthetic>performance kind guy if I have to choose between 'em. The 535i would be my most enticing choice as I think it has enough performance for my congested area and I just love that engine/setup on a BMW.

#6 ·
There is a great 24 month lease deal on the 2013 535i for the SoCal market. You should jump on it.

#9 ·
I'll look into it. Is it a standard BMWUSA deal or do I have to look anywhere specific for it? Thanks.

Then how about an aero kit from someone like Hamann or Vorsteiner?
Definitely a good option. Though one of the things I was saying that's so good about the F10 VS W212 is how if you simply get an M Sport Package, you have a somewhat "exclusive" look on your car (all things considered). I just hope BMW don't cave into the "fleet car look" approach M-B is employing by pretty much shoving its AMG Package down everybody's throats by making the M Sport so common, as it seems they're already showing slight signs of doing.

#8 · (Edited)
I came off of a 2011 E350 and into a F10 550. Not fair to compare the engines V6 vs V8. However, the interior design and materials in the F10 blows away the W212. The face lifted W212's interior is a drastic improvement from an aesthetic standpoint but if the materials remain the same (I think it is), then the F10 is still the winner in that category.

I agree with your point regarding MB offering the "AMG Pack" as a free option making 99.8% of all Es look the same as dealers order that option for their inventory since there is no risk in adding that option with fear of no being able to recover that cost if that vehicle doesn't sell. If anything, the AMG Pack is an incentive to sell the car at no additional cost passed onto the consumer. I recall it was rare to find a W211 with the AMG Pack, I did see the Sport Pack more often. However, us enthusiasts like a bit of variety even at an additional cost. Paying for exclusivity is what society has made us adopt as being "individual". Otherwise, mod companies will all go out of business. I think W212 E550 owners are more upset since there is no visual difference between that and an E350 aside from the badge in the rear. At least with the F10 550, the kidney grill and rear exhaust is different so an enthusiast can differ from the different models. But with the M Pack getting cheaper every year, BMW may be going that same route as MB. Not to worry, BMW does offer the "Individual" package and this really separates your car from the rest. It's a pricey $5800 option and for sure you will not find one in the dealer stock.

#10 ·
I came off of a 2011 E350 and into a F10 550. Not fair to compare the engines V6 vs V8. However, the interior design and materials in the F10 blows away the W212. The face lifted W212's interior is a drastic improvement from an aesthetic standpoint but if the materials remain the same (I think it is), then the F10 is still the winner in that category.

I agree with your point regarding MB offering the "AMG Pack" as a free option making 99.8% of all Es look the same as dealers order that option for their inventory since there is no risk in adding that option with fear of no being able to recover that cost if that vehicle doesn't sell. If anything, the AMG Pack is an incentive to sell the car at no additional cost passed onto the consumer. I recall it was rare to find a W211 with the AMG Pack, I did see the Sport Pack more often. However, us enthusiasts like a bit of variety even at an additional cost. Paying for exclusivity is what society has made us adopt as being "individual". Otherwise, mod companies will all go out of business. I think W212 E550 owners are more upset since there is no visual difference between that and an E350 aside from the badge in the rear. At least with the F10 550, the kidney grill and rear exhaust is different so an enthusiast can differ from the different models. But with the M Pack getting cheaper every year, BMW may be going that same route as MB. Not to worry, BMW does offer the "Individual" package and this really separates your car from the rest. It's a pricey $5800 option and for sure you will not find one in the dealer stock.
Agreed. Yeah, I had to search and search to find a W211 with AMG Sport Package, and when I did, it was damn worth it. My car always felt pretty "special" to me as if I parked next to a row of W211's, mine wouldn't blend in so much. For us enthusiasts, it's a great way to have our cakes and eat it to. After the newness of my W212 wore off, it hasn't felt nearly as special as my W211 did, and that's not even a knock to the car or design, it's a knock to how it just literally looks like every other W212 on the road, right down to the body kit and AMG wheels.

BTW, Kar Don, I went to build a new 7-Series and it shows that it's still charing for the M Sport Package (over $3K)?

#12 ·
One thing I HATE about Mercedes is how the AMG Package is so whored out. Even with my mods, it's made it so my E just seems to much like a "fleet car", the exact look and setup from the factory is too commonplace.

One thing I LOVE about the 5-Series/BMW is how they still treat the M Package as something relatively special, and still charge for it. Therefore, whenever I see a white F10 with M Package and especially a black grille and some tinted windows.... it looks kind of almost exotic to me, so European and simply glorious, and just such a beautiful sight. The E's AMG look is so "normal" now, that it lacks that same specialness.

#2 - However, do you guys think that after 2013 with the M Sport becoming cheaper, someone like me who'd get a 5-Series would be kicking myself for falling into the same formula (find it hot and individual at first, then all of a sudden the company makes it too commonplace)? I.e, do you assume the M Sport Package will become much more common? To note again, one of the reasons I want to move on from my E is I wanted something that wasn't so "common". I don't mind having a popular car, but at least some package variation is necessary to keep things fresh. The 5 offering things like an Elegance-package or M Sport (I wish they still had the regular "Sport" as well still, but ah well), and chrome or shadowline window trim really goes a long way, and shows passion from the brand, IMO.I
I drive a lot, put 16k on my '12 SRT, and now nearly 6k on my '12 F02.

Your current E Class unfortunately has been very popular, it's a great looking ride, but MBZ did exactly what you said. The vast bulk of E Classes I see are of the AMG design language.

When the F10 first came out it seemed the M Sport was rare, I hate to admit but I see at least a 75/25% split of M Sport/Non M-Sport 5 series now. I drive to LA, the IE, OC and Elsinore areas.

I see less "regular" 5 series than the M Sport models nowadays, my neighbors normal 535 looks rare in comparison.

Again I drive a lot, and we're out here in pretentious SoCal, out in Idaho it might be a different story...

#14 ·
Wow, so it's getting that "bad" huh? Thanks for adding your perception.

Grr, that sucks to hear. I just know if I got an F10 with M Sport thinking that I have some individuality, I will have my party rained on if I find that isn't the case once I start truly paying attention. I wish I could say I could "rise above" that but I learned with my experience via my W211 VS W212 AMG Sport models, I just need some variation.... not only for my own car, but just seeing "my model" on the roads, there's nothing "enthusiastic" about every one of them looking like some corporate clone.

Then again, right now I'm used to 99.9% of W212's being AMG Sports, and with my little mods I was able to fend off the "boredom factor" of cloned packages on the roads as much as I could. Even if the F10 was a 50/50 mix of M Sport to "Normals", it would be a major improvement over what I'm currently used to.... especially if I modded the car.

I guess another big question is how smart it is to consider the car when there's a facelift just over a half a year away. Unlike Mercedes, who's facelifts are becoming so drastic they can be polarizing VS how the previous one looked (I prefer the quad headlights of the pre-facelift W212 and hate the Star Grille implementation on the E-Class.... so awkward, forced and wrong IMO), BMW's facelifts on their winning designs are usually very subtle, respectable, both honoring the timeless value of the original design, yet carefully enhancing and freshening it up.

#17 ·
I really enjoyed the look of my normal sport 535 over the M sport. The wheels are still my favorite for the F10... In fact I recall 550 owners putting the 535 wheels on their 2011 cars. I think these are the wheels you are talking about.

Attachments

#19 ·
Yeah, the F10 pulls off the non-Sport look as well since it's such an elegant design. I don't think it NEEDS M Sport to look good, though for me, I've always been the type who either needs the most aggressive styling package available to balance out an elegant and mature Luxury Car look (the kind of ironic multi-character when pulled off right makes for some of the most dynamically looking cars, IMO), or I just have to look elsewhere. That's just me though. I can still look at a non M Sport F10 and admire its elegance.

#18 ·
Ahh. Thanks for the info. Looks like I'm 2 years too late to enjoy some "M Sport exclusivity".

They are a sight with M Sport though, no debating that. The W212 is perhaps indeed too popular for its own good in the States (just see them everywhere, you can only take so much before your enthusiasm for your own starts to wane), however funnily enough, the F10 is smashing the E-Class in worldwide sales..... so just imagine how commonplace the F10 must be in certain parts of the world!

#20 · (Edited)
Do yourself a favor and Get a 24 month lease on a 535 m-sport before 12/31. Just go to Glendale and see Greg Poland at pacific BMW. Too bad you can't get BMW loyalty and apps... $1250 lost.

#21 ·
I might just have to look into that. Found that thread and indeed it sounds pretty unreal.

#22 ·
KA,

I had a few MB products, including an 11 W212 E350, 12 E350 both 4matics. MB's build quality is pretty bad with the cars I had I ultimately got rid of them. I also dumped an ML for it's problems.

The F10 is a great car. I love mine. There is no comparison on material qualities between the cars. No rattles in my 535, nor my 550!

#23 ·
As I posted here earlier, M Sport will become more common as BMW is now dropping the price on it. It used to be $6500 for the M Sport Pack which included DDC and ARS. Each subsequent year, they removed ARS and DDC respectively and dropped the price leaving the M Sport Pack as an aesthetic upgrade.

If you want your F10 to be exclusive, "Individual" is the way to go. You can order individual paint, interior color/combination, wood inlay steering wheel, special spoke wheels, "BMW Individual" logo door sills and emblem in the rear. The only downside is that "Individual" is not available with SAT and Paddle Shifters.

#24 ·
Funny I live in West La and while I see a lot of F10s it's no where near 50/50. I think people get the M-sport for various reasons but nonetheless there are tons of relatively low cost accessories one can bolt on to customize your car. Springs to lower, spacers to make car more aggressive looking, spoiler like the M5 that is subtle but breaks up the rear. Obviously rims etc.

I think the non M is classy with decent wheels and the M or aggressive bolt ons changes the look of the car. The interior smokes most out there but the Benz beats it on sexy exhaust note....but options exists there as well

#25 ·
K-A, if you want an unique car, forget the F10, Msport or no Msport, they are everywhere. Maybe consider waiting for the LCI F10 or if you can swing it, go for the 6 gran coupe. The GC is one of the most unique BMW around, you can see that thing coming a mile away. I saw a white GC on the road a month ago, it simply just stood out from the rest of the cars on the road.

#30 ·
Thanks for the replies guys.

Yeah, the 6 GC would be ideal. I think those things are so technically overpriced, the used market will crush them on resale, which I'm already seeing cracks of. I'd love to wait another few months or so on one of those as the "newness novelty" wears off and go from there, though have to consider a few things like time, etc.

Too bad finally by the time I'm getting around to indulging in the tick I've had since the F10 came out (which is that I can't deny just how perfect that car is for me, the styling and design is very my-speed), the M Sports are gonna be so damn common. Again, I don't mind having a "common car", hey, if it's a great car and I'm not spending upwards of $100+K, then "commonality" doesn't signify such a bad thing (means the car is a true winner), but the W212's boredom-of-all-AMG-packages-everywhere just taught me that, like it or not, I need a car that has a variable availability and presence on the roads....

Though, again something to consider is when you're used to the W212 where EVERYONE has the exact same AMG Sport Package, I guess the F10 even in its newest era of "accessible M Packs" is a big improvement. Though the question is, where does the availability of it go from here.

IMO even the M5's presence will be diluted out as it doesn't look all that different from the M Sport. Though some M5 drivers I know will like the added ubiquity factor.

#26 · (Edited)
I'm guessing that 90% of the 2013's ordered by members here (and a similar percentage of other "orderers") are for M-sport versions. Also, if you look through Autotrader etc for 2013 models currently for sale, around 70% are M-sports which means dealers are ordering them as well. Basically, for inventory it's either base 528 or M-sport 535/550's out there. There is no question the M-sport front and blacked out trim/headliner better steering wheel, etc are worth the cost but we are still not sure if there are actually different springs now. Regardless, since there is no more "sport" option at all most people are getting M-sports now.

EDIT: .....also BMW has whored out the "M" logo all over these things to an embarrassing point, I think they learned that from their MBZ friends. "IS THAT AN M5?" NO "WHY DOES IT HAVE M LOGOS EVERYWHERE?" I Don't KNOW

#27 ·
I would be weary of getting the first model year of any car especially if you are going to keep it. If you want exclusivity, the 4 series coupe when released should get you that... For a year or two at least.

#39 ·
First, in CA, you need to call Greg Poland for a lease deal.

Second, trust me when I say you want the Sport Auto, not just for the paddles. It's much snappier and more fluid than the standard auto.

Third, if the 5 is what you want, then get it. There are enough cosmetic mods you can do to make it "yours". It's spendy, but some of those options make it really nice.

#42 ·
What would be a good deal for a 39mo lease?

#43 ·
I'd like to know this as well.

Kar Don: I checked on that 24 month Lease by calling about every Dealer near me, and nobody has any cars left at that deal. Total bummer.

Well I guess I have 3 days to see if I can find an enticing enough deal to push me.

#44 ·
In my experience, sometimes when you rush to get a car to get in on a last minute deal, you may end up regretting the lack of options/features on that car. Even though it's a lease, you'll be stuck with it for 3 years. K-A, you mentioned the F10s in your local dealers don't have SAT w/paddle shifters and you want the shifters. At this point, you will be stuck with getting whatever inventory is left at dealer lots in order to get in on any year end deals. Since the 24 special lease is not available at your local dealers and you are in no rush to get an F10, you might just wait a bit. In this economy, car manufacturers will find ways to attract buyers. Who knows, there may be a New Year Deal coming in January, aka New Years Resolutions get into a new BMW. My point is to make sure you are happy with the features/options with that car. Otherwise, you may want to get rid of the car before the lease is up and wipe out any deals you got on it.

#45 ·
I agree. If the price and equipment is right, then I'm pretty good on it. If not, then I'll just keep thinking of what my "perfect car" is. Might be the F10? Might not be, for now I'll let "price" be my fate. :D

The equipment the car I sat in yesterday was more than enough for me.... just can't do without the paddles. Sitting in a well equipped F10 feels like a spaceship coming out of a well equipped E-Class.... save for a few areas where the M-B pulls ahead. That says a lot.

#48 ·
I'm realizing just how good a deal I got on my P2/AMG Wheel Pack E-Class as I surf for 5-Series deals. Funny, I assumed that "if I get a 5-Series I won't technically be moving up, I'll be moving sideways, though not to say it's not into a possibly vastly superior product".... however, considering how much M-B is literally giving away the W212 via insanely aggressive incentives.... it sure does FISCALLY FEEL like getting into a 535i should be moving up a notch. :D

#49 ·
I think the 5 series looks better than the e-class in every way. There is something about e-class' interior that leaves me wanting for more. Screen is too small and those seats are no match for 5 series. I love the m-package in 5 series. The only thing I am not too crazy about is the headlights - that curve/bump on the top has to go.

#50 ·
Yeah. Exterior wise I think both have their merits. I hated the W212 when it first came out, thought it was the ugliest thing ever, then the quirks got warm to me and I found beauty in it. The F10 I always acknowledged it was beautiful from the first second I saw it. I think the F10 i a design I'll find beautiful practically forever (timeless) while the E I went from super cold to super hot, and still like it but the effect has diminished quite a bit. I really blame MBUSA whoring out the AMG Package a lot and making sights of W212's very boring as they all look literally the same.

The interior of the 5-Series feels infinitely more expensive than the E, though, try as I might I could never truly deny that, and now I can't get close to denying that. It feels a full level more upmarket (which makes sense as IMO it's an even nicer rendition of the 7's interior).

#53 ·
Just got what seems to be a pretty aggressive quote.

$2K drive off and $634 a month (including Tax) on a 535i that MSRP's at $63,450.

It has Sport Auto, Multi-Contour seats, M Sport, Tech, Premium, perhaps some other stuff. Basically enough goodies to make what I have now feel like an old horse (and I even have a P2 E which is quite rare).

It's the most aggressive deal I've found yet. If that's not a good deal, I need you guys' negotiation skills! Keep in mind I'm not doing this with the loyalty discount.

Those damn 24 month deals seem to be all gone. If I could have gotten what some people were on 24 months I wouldn't think twice, I'd just do it! With 39 months I really gotta do some soul-searching and try and figure out whether this love-jones and craving I feel to finally jump in the F10 (which I feel was deep down inside a long time coming since not only me following every step of the FEP/development phase but me driving one of the first F10's to pop on a lot to compare to my then-newly purchased E-Class) is legit and not just me doing the "bored now and grass is greener on the other side" type of thing (which obviously could replicate itself if I don't make the right choice).

I want to move upwards, not sideways! Funnily enough the 5er is technically "sideways" as it's simply the E's competitor, but just looking at the options, drivetrain, and interior alone make it feel so "upwards".

#54 ·
Have you gone to bmwconfig.com to figure the invoice price on the car? That will tell you about the level of deal.

If you think the front end is too soft, wait until the 2014 LCI.

#56 · (Edited)
A few thoughts after reading through this thread:

1. No offense, but I was just thinking to myself the other day that the E-class is possibly the most pedestrian looking car in the over $50,000 price range. Not a bad looking car, and maybe it's because they are literally everywhere, it just completly blends in to traffic.
2. The 5, in my opinion is a far step ahead of the competition (E, A6, XF) in both interior and exterior looks and quality. I have not driven one so I can not comment in that regard, however, I have driven a 2013 E63 PP and was not impressed. It was simply a very fast cloud with second rate interior materials.
3. I see a lot of F10's, but I would guess that only about 1 of 10 is an M-Sport. With regards to BMW diluting the "M" brand; I completly agree. I don't have a problem with M-Sport cars, but I think BMW did a disservice to m5 owners by releasing the. M-sport option from the start of the F10 rather than wait for the facelift as they did with the E60. As such, the F10 M5, in my opinion is much less distinctive than the e60 and e39.
4. K-A, I would personally also consider the new CLS550 and the Jag XJ. Two of the best looking cars on the road, and neither are very common. I expect the XJ to stay rare, while the CLS will probably be everywhere in a year or two if it follows the trend of the old model.

Good luck.

Edit: Audi A/S7 is so damn good looking as well and not very common.

#57 ·
Gut feel, that seems like a good deal. Contact Greg Poland if he is somewhat close to you to find out for sure. Also check out multiple security deposits to bring that payment even lower.

#62 ·
Holy crap!! Somebody better not beat me to that sh**!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.