BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

MY14 X3, Production starts April 2013

78K views 546 replies 74 participants last post by  CKelley3 
#1 ·
Just read the posting from "Ask a Dealer", production for the MY14 X3 will begin April 13th and run through March 2014. Timing is perfect for my timeline as we were planning delivery early to mid June for my wife's order. I will be curious to see what changes are going to be rolled into the start of production.

#293 ·
It is there and our CA went through it with us when we took delivery.

#295 ·
Production completed on 04/03 and my vehicle is in transit now. my CA told me that the vehicle will reach California Port on 19th and 4-5 days from then to reach Portland.
Looks like I will have to wait until 24th April..very long wait...

#301 ·
I'm hoping mine is on the same train to CA, it was also finished on 4/3 and the automated recording has said "waiting to be released to carrier" for the last few days. Tried to call my CA today but he's not in.

What does the auto recording state for yours?

#298 · (Edited)
These may be additional new features on the 2014 X3. I say may because I am not familiar with pre-2014 versions of the X3.
  • Black out gauges on the instrument panel when the X3 is shut off.
  • Eco Pro Display shows how many bonus miles that you get as a result of fuel savings.
  • iDrive Screen has a mileage graphic by time of use and mode.
  • iDrive has a Sport Gauges Screen showing horsepower and torque.
  • the scrolling rear storage compartment cover has been redesigned.
  • Storage feautres are now standard.
  • 40/20/split folding rear seats are standard.

#299 · (Edited)
On my 2013:

[*]Eco Pro Display shows how many bonus miles that you get as a result of fuel savings.

[*]iDrive Screen has a mileage graphic by time of use and mode.

[*]iDrive has a Sport Gauges Screen showing horsepower and torque.

[*]the scrolling rear storage compartment cover has been redesigned. - Unsure of this, mine is pull style that clips into placeholders at the rear of the storage area.

[*]Storage feautres are now standard. - Mine came with 2 boxes, 4 tie down "bolts", a small net for loose items & a rubber mat that covers the entire storage area.

[*]40/20/split folding rear seats are standard. - This was an option - glad I got it, during ski season we slid the ski bag right between the seats when the "20" was lowered.

#300 ·
So it appears that new features and changes include:
  • New i Drive, Nav, HUD hardware and software.
  • Black out gauges on the instrument panel when the X3 is shut off.
  • Scrolling rear storage compartment cover has been redesigned.
  • Split folding rear seats are now standard.
  • Packages have been shuffled around with some reductions
  • Price increase.

#302 ·
Mine was built on 4/3. Now getting the "transferred into the port of exit" message. I assume it would come by truck but maybe it would be put on a ship? Not sure. Maybe they wait until they have a certain volume to ship. I'm really not is a rush to get it as I'm sure some people are. But it would be great to know what it looks like.:D

#303 ·
So I finally got a status update on the phone line. It gives me a completion date of the 15th of April. How accurate is that ??

#305 ·
"Port of Exit" and "Shipping Vessel" statuses are standard BMW statuses that are more pertinent to cars built in Europe and shipped to the US. For NY, your X3 will be on a truck within days, if it isn't already en route. For OR, your X3 will be on a train within days, if it isn't already en route to CA.

If the phone line says 4/15 then the probability is high that your X3 will complete production on 4/15.

#310 ·
If anyone else picked up their new MY 2014 X3 over the weekend especially with M Sport Package (ZMP), please post some pictures, just eager to see what my X3 will look like. I will post mine when I pick it up on 24th from PCD :). Happy Driving

#312 ·
Awesome. Looking forward :thumbup:

#315 ·
As 02420X3 previously predicted my X3 was en route and arrived at the NY dealership today! Built on 4/3 and delivered on 4/8. I chose a simpler vehicle--cold weather, premium, roof rails, and navigation system, space grey with black Nevada leather. Picking it up on Wednesday. Really looking forward to using this forum as it is my first BMW.

#316 ·
ugh. Mine has still not arrived. It finished production 4/2 and has still not made its way to Chicago. My CA had a estimated delivery of 4/7 but it did not arrive yesterday. He checked again today and he said it went back to "waiting for transport"

I know my X3 exists. He gave me my VIN, looked it up and it has everything I ordered on it!

#318 ·

#333 · (Edited)
hmmm.....these photos will make BMWNA grimace. I suspect Nevada leather is a heavy weight tumbled full chrome tanned leather with a heavily pigmented finish, produced at a very competitive price point that offers consistency and durability but does not readily "take a shape". The curved top of the seat is an especially challenging form to execute perfectly, and consistently. Many things can go astray, including; uniform weight - splitting of hides - note the needle "bursts", and automated sewing machines that require constant attention. In general, the combination of this particular design + materials may yield an outcome with wider inherent variations. I am sure BMW is aware of the "problem" but a fix would require a major change in design, technique, and/or materials - so they limp along and try to do the best they can. Bottom line - your photos will not make BMW happy but they are going to maintain that your seats are within "specs" - I concur.

BTW- the white top stitching throughout your cabin looks to be expertly done - perhaps you noticed the minor flaw because of the contrast. I seriously doubt, anyone, who views your car, would ever notice. Celebrate the 99% that is near perfect and not sweat the 1%. You have a beautiful X3!

#321 ·
Pharding,Thanks for the photos.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Bimmer App

#323 ·
Pharding, you are the man.. .Thanks a ton for the great pictures and congrats again.

On a side note, does anybody test drive when they go to pick up their ordered car from the dealer. You know just to make sure everything works fine. I'm going to be picking my 2014 X3 in a couple of weeks from a dealer 4 hours away so was just wondering.

Thanks.

#345 ·
Orange at night and white during the day. They are very cool.

#326 ·
It depends on your budget. In the US they only offer Nav Pro so we can't compare them.

#328 ·
The big screen is very nice.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.