BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

M5 Due? / Which way to go?

4K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  TexasBMW 
#1 ·
Just called dealer who said M5 production begins Sept. So, delivery out here around Christmas... No Pricing yet on the system; Will send it when it arrives.

I'm trying to decide between this, the 550, and a Panamera, which I really like. I know BMWs really well, and never owned a Porsche. A couple of big issue out here in the wilds of West Texas is that fact that:1) Porsche dealer network doesn't provide any dealers closer than 330+ miles away, not to mention free "maintenance" ... and 2) the Panamera doesn't have a spare tire. If that's not a big deal read this:
http://www.6speedonline.com/forums/panamera/239208-anyone-get-flat-tire-yet.html
So, if you get one, it's all over, for that day or a lot worse, depending on a rare-tire availability.

I'm sure the comparison will be interesting between the two.

And, has anyone negotiated a deal on ordering a new M5?

#2 ·
Based on what've read so far, the F10 M5 should be one helluva car (despite my dislike for the F10 in general). If I were you, I would wait to test drive the M5 before putting money down for the Panamera.

By the way, the M5 will not have a spare either if it continues the M tradition. You'll end up with an M-Mobility kit.

#3 ·
That's good advice.
Oh yea, it's going to be a great car; Probably need a car in the next 5 months... it looks like all are saying M5 arrives next spring. I may be able to find a great deal on a Panamera as '11s are rolling to '12.

The M5 will have RFTs, right? I'd feel a lot better if I could at least get them on the Panamera in the future. The other alternative is to lug a spare around:thumbdwn:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.