BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

What Would you do?? 2006 M6 Purchase

2K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  mattymetzger 
#1 ·
Looking at buying the vehicle in the Autotrader ad I've attached..(for $27k, not $32k) unfortunately after bringing it to BMW to get it CPO certified, they had a lot to say. (See other attachments).

If you guys could give me any and all advice it would be much appreciated. I'm ready to walk away, but I feel it's still a good value and really want this vehicle.

Attachments

#2 ·
RUN AWAY!! Never look back...unless you really enjoy DIY and/or hate money. ;-) I would guess it was in a front end collision of some sort if the interior bumper fails CPO, but that's just conjecture...

My experience: I bought a 99 528it wagon in 2004 with known problems for $16k and after nursing it back to health (previous owner neglect plus front end collision) finally gave it up in 2010 when our indy quoted $7500 for a litany of things (didn't include cosmetics like the peeling clear coat on the hood) but main item for high quote was the rear differential. The only time mine didn't vibrate was the first 2k miles after new tires/alignment/balance ($800+ for 4 tire job). I personally find wheel/steering wheel vibration the most frustrating and potentially unsafe item. But to give you an idea of the sturdiness of the vehicle it went from 66k to 186k miles and would have kept running if I had been willing to spend the dough but decided it was time for something new!

Good luck with your decision!

#3 ·
I would pass on that car. Too much wrong for a car like the M6. Also I would recommend never having a vehicle serviced at where ever that inspection was done. Those prices are a complete and total rip off!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I467 using BimmerApp mobile app

#4 ·
Those prices are a complete and total rip off!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I467 using BimmerApp mobile app
Welcome to Canada

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.