BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

X5 //M... Sitting CORECT!!!

10K views 46 replies 22 participants last post by  sean18337 
#1 ·
This is the nicest setup I have yet to see on this BEAST... :yikes: :yikes: :yikes:

BMW X5M Featuring
D2FORGED CV2 DEEP CONCAVE 3PC FORGED WHEELS
22x10.5
22x12"
MATTE BLACK CENTER / GLOSS BLACK LIP / MATTE BLACK INNER BARREL / RED "D2" CENTERCAP LOGO

See less See more
#4 ·
Horrendous.

Not only is it non-functional, it looks like a bloated white thing squashed down.

#5 ·
Well... It like many things... For example:

The Gym, Cuban cigars, Exotic Latin Women, Filtered House music.... Ain't for everybody either.
That all happens to be what I partake in. ;)
I dig this X5 as do several others. Just sharing. Not ya style? It's all good.

#13 · (Edited)
That explains much.

At least you are consistent. You lowered the X, and you dropped one of those redundant R's out of "correct".

#6 ·
I'm gonna say it looks like a supermodel with...... Clown makeup. You know it looks should look beautiful but the changes destroys it

#9 ·
I didnt snap em personally... But I believe a Nikon was used.
As far as the suspension goes... Some of us dont like wheel gap! And lets face it... What are the chances of a X5M going off-road? Slim too nada! Might as well drop it and really utilize all that power with added handling.

Sent from my EPIC4G powered by Android

#11 ·
But why upsize the rims and fail to increase the rotor sizes??? The entire drive for 'bigger rims' was borne of the need to stuff bigger rotors under the rubber... but people have become fixated on bigger rims, but lost sight of the true reason! So you get thin rubber profiles- yielding poorer handling- and puny brake rotors floating in big open rims. And an industry that has convinced people that 'lower profile' = 'tighter' = 'better handling'.

And dropping the suspension by hacking off spring, or stuffing in a spring that fits without consideration of the damper, bumpstop/suspension travel, etc, is just another 'feature' of half-assed modding.

If you are going to take a car towards a concept (ie it isn't off road, we are dropping it to optimize the handling) then it needs ALL aspects of that concept to be executed- wheels, suspension, brakes, etc.

My two cents... to each there own, but I wanted to provide the rationale behind my 'horrendous' opinion.

A

#12 ·
^^ You really didn't provide nothing more than your speculated opinion sir. I have been modifying vehicles for nearly 2 decades.

Sure, one can opt to upgrade brakes IF they wanted. Why? This vehicle above is simply a cruiser. You are speaking in terms for track use. Not to mention, these forged wheels above although larger in diameter are in fact LIGHTER than smaller OEM wheels!

I am not 'convinced' that the above setup would handle better than the factory setup. Neither am I trying to 'convince' anyone otherwise.

It is a "appearance upgrade" but, I am pretty sure the setup would not yield poorer stats in a slalom, braking, or otherwise. More than likely, it would be better if the customer decided to test it's capabilities.

You're right... There is plenty of misinformation about "modding" vehicles. Customers should inform and educate themselves depending upon THEIR specific needs.

#15 ·
Your mods are many things, an appearance upgrade is not among them. Why do people take such a beautiful vehicle and do such awful things to it? It makes me think of abused children. I wish you could report people who lower their SUV's and trucks, and then throw on bad looking rims and wheels, to child protective services.

#21 ·
I showed this thread to my son, as yet another example of how steroids and protein powder can frick you up in so many different ways.

Much to my relief, he said, "Dad, you don't need to ever worry about me trying that stuff. I've seen some of those dudes in the locker room, and I really have no interest in shrinking my Johnson."

What was that about skinny guys trying to pick up chicks again?

Sent from my HTC Inspire using BimmerApp

#22 ·
Bwahahahahaha!!!! THAT was hilarious! Thx.... I needed that laugh.
I wouldn't know about either. Don't need synthetic help. Just 20yrs of dedication in the gym. And a gorgeous wife of over 10yrs.
Anything else nephew?
Hey... There is plain basic stuff for plain basic people like yourself. Don't knock others for desiring "more".

Sent from my EPIC4G powered by Android

#25 · (Edited)
Are you related to "The Rock"? Cause you really need to show them fools what you've got cooking!

Sent from my iPhone 5 personally given to me by my boy Steve Jobs

#28 ·
Actually, judging from the sig pic, I think your E66 looks awesome. But IMHO the X5 is uglier than my mother-in-law. And without ever meeting the witch, it sounds like others here agree.

I think what threw some of us (at least me) was the tone of your original post. It really sounded like you were coming on here, claiming that YOUR X5 was the most beautiful SUV ever. Along the lines of "Hey, look at how cool I am for pimping out my ride like this!" That kind of thing goes over okay in the E9X forums, but we tend to be a little more conservative here. (With the exception of that fuqtard from Joisey who called you the Rock, but we tolerate him because he is lovable in his own dysfunctional way :p)

It's all good. Come back and visit any time. Bring some ribs with you next time.

#30 · (Edited)
I don't get the personal attacks angle when the thread is supposed to be about likes/dislikes of a modified X5. Like it or don't like it, whatever, it should be OK to have healthy disagreements.

I'm only weighing-in here to make a plea for sanity and civility and for us to not live up to the stereotypes other car forums like to levy onto BMW owners. Bimmerfest is a great place to learn about and solve problems in connection with our cars...one never knows if the person denigrated today will have the answer that matters tomorrow.:thumbup:

As Bill Cosby once remarked, "Come-on people!" [In other words, we're better than this.]

#35 ·
Uh, oh. The kinder gentler folks are moving in. There goes the neighborhood. :( Next thing you know they'll be calling those hideous rims "change you can believe in".

Time to unsubscribe from this thread before they ask us to don berets, hold hands and sing Kum Bay Yah.

Sent from my HTC Inspire using BimmerApp

#32 ·
Love the support of the 7ers coming over here to defend the TEX!!!

Where your supporters at Quack Quack? You aint getting none from Wilassasin that's for sure. Wink Wink.

#37 ·
c'mon, I like the x5, Not a huge fan of the wheels in Black but def a nice wheel.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.