BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

The official PPXWY thread.

7K views 61 replies 19 participants last post by  HT417 
#1 ·
Here, I created this thread just for you, so you can feel free and complain all you want here and don't ruin other threads! :thumbup:

Take it away.

#2 ·
X3-terr... good call! Love it... I hope he or she (PP) enjoys the freedom to b*tch, b*tch, b*tch!! and no one has to click on the thread or read it.

#3 ·
But just in case anyone is reading this,

I find it interesting that the same phenomena happens for other makes of cars on other forums.

Not to the same extent, but the pattern is the same:
- buyer of new car finds not everything is to their expectation
- seem to have more than their fair share of bugs, delivery faults, etc.
- their dealer does not appear to be willing or able to fix them

Here is a sample from a forum relating to a well-known Japanese brand.
The OP lists 7 problems, or perceived problems, with his car.
As the OP is not as eloquent as PPPXYZ, I felt the need to edit out needless bad language, etc., so am safe in reproducing it here without attribution or permission.

I really hate this car. The only thing i like about the car is the panoramic side view of it. But other than that they can have it back.

This car is garbage and because of it i will never buy another #*#*#* again. Sorry guys. PEACE!

SOME RESPONSES
- Sounds like you just got a bad car. I have never had any of these problems.

- Ride one on out then. Looks like someone did not do enough research, bought a car only in production a little over a year and expected no issues?
Did you even test drive it to see if you would like the way it handled and if the CVT was something you could live with?
Agreed that tire wear on the Bridgstone is rapid but grip and wet traction are acceptable. Tread wear of 320 should give a clue to how long they last.
PS. The car might be locking you out because it don't like the way you treat it.

- I don't see reason for half of your argument. Why would you put money in to something that you hate so much? Go trade it in for a new car dude..

- stop ranting and raving and get your stuff fixed

- should've done your research/test driven the car....

- I'm gonna toss you a bone and side with you on on some of your issues ......
from the sounds of the other points you probably got a lemon.
Regarding the CVT, I don't really care for mine either, I like the fuel efficiency it provides but really can't say I like anything else about it, but it's liveable

Sounds familiar? Maybe Dr. Phil should do a TV show on this phenomena, so he can guide people on how to best deal with the situation.

#5 · (Edited)
Well, I hate the ride in my '06 X3 over rough roads too!:mad: No surprise here from faithful readers of this forum. I was bitterly dissapointed in the car after I bought it but realizing I had no one to blame but myself for not driving it over nasty roads I am living with it. The only reason I still have it is that the car has been bulletproof. Virtually no problems at all in almost 48K miles.:thumbup: I still hate the ride:yikes: and when I do get another car you can bet I will take it over the bad bits first before I enjoy the smooth freeway driving.:angel: Thanks to X3t for creating this thread to allow us disaffected types a place to vent without hijacking some enthusiast's glowing testimonial.

#8 · (Edited)
Schadenfreude and denial

It is really too bad that some people simply don't know what a really good car is like.

It is also interesting that those who get their back up because other people do not share their opinion of a car they have never even seen much less driven complain endlessly about posts they could simply ignore.

#9 ·
Sorry folks, but I have to speak out against this post.

As much as I disagree with some of PPXYZ's approach, I have to say this is beneath the caliber of this forum to single out a person this way.

#10 · (Edited)
Sorry folks, but I have to speak out against this post.

As much as I disagree with some of PPXYZ's approach, I have to say this is beneath the caliber of this forum to single out a person this way.
+1

I also think it's not right to put someone in the corner. May be that's why X3t put PPX"W"Y as the thread title.

But, I gotta feeling (woo hoo) that PPXYZ is not from the U.S...

That would explain a lot of things. This is just pure speculation, no offense to anyone.

#15 · (Edited)
I remember a long time ago when some folks were "down" on Evl when he was a lone voice in the wilderness complaining about the dreaded '07 transmission problem:mad: We all know how that worked out -- well actually nothing seemed to get done, but at least a sticky was posted with huge numbers so people were at least warned. I kind of look at PPX as someone whose problems we all could have, and have had to varying degrees. For that I applaud his bringing these to the collective attention of the members here.:thumbup:. If his posts help one member identify a problem with their X3 and keep an SA from gaffing them off, then it would have been worth it IMHO.:angel:

#16 ·
Something got done....we all just have NDA's :angel:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Think about all the times BMW or an SA has said,

"Never heard of that before"

"You are the first person to have this problem"

"It must be the way you drive"

etc.....

If not for the out spoken some people may have actually bought that malarky.

However, facts and actions taken should be part of the process, not all shouting.

That is how I eventually resolved my situation.

PPXYZ please tell us what another mechanic, lawyer, BMWNA representative, etc has said with respect to this situation. We want to help, but your approach does not make it easy :stickpoke

#19 ·
Evl, you forgot "your not driving it enough" excuse. In truth this one is usually seen on the X5 board when complaining about a dead battery after parking at the airport for 3 days. Fess up a little here, I remember one of your first posts where there was a lot of "shouting". In fact, I responded with "you will catch more flies with honey than vinegar" as I recall. So everyone is entitled to a little venting IMHO.

#22 ·
Why Not?

Agreed, and I like to think I took some good advice :) and learned to move things forward.

I will paraphrase: The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result.

I found that the dealer would point the finger at BMWNA and BMWNA would in turn point back at the dealer. I literally was spinning my wheels.

The solution was a third party (aka lawyer, independent mechanic, etc..) and detailed documentation.

PPXWZ we have yet to hear that you have pursued this route.

Plan and simple: WHY NOT?
:dunno:

#23 ·
time out

I saw this thread and frankly was surprised it hasnt been yanked. I certainly have been known to call BS when I thought someone was complaining too much or just being a pr1ck. But this thread really is an attack on an individual. That crosses a line in my mind. So although I have grown very tired of PP complaining about the same stuff over and over again, I just have gotten to the point where I ignore it. Hopefully PP will get the message that no one really wants to hear the same stuff ad nauseum, but I think this thread goes way overboard. Sorry.

#24 ·
I saw this thread and frankly was surprised it hasnt been yanked. I certainly have been known to call BS when I thought someone was complaining too much or just being a pr1ck. But this thread really is an attack on an individual. That crosses a line in my mind. So although I have grown very tired of PP complaining about the same stuff over and over again, I just have gotten to the point where I ignore it. Hopefully PP will get the message that no one really wants to hear the same stuff ad nauseum, but I think this thread goes way overboard. Sorry.
Said that from the git go, but trying to put a positive spin on it.

#25 ·
I know you did Evl and coming from you that is important given what you went thru with your transmission issues and the complaints you had. I just want to echo that while I think PPxyz abuses the forum a little with the constant rants and no particular ability to move things forward either in his posts or with his complaints, starting a thread just to single out this particular user is also inappropriate and ultimately diminishes us all. (did I really just say that?)

#33 · (Edited)
Resolution

I feel your pain here PPXYZ, but for some reason you keep skirting the question of why don't you seek third party assistance?

If you need assistance on who to contact or how to go about it we can help, but we can't help you if you don't try.

It's really a simple question.

It is the only way you will get this resolved!

#38 ·
it does not matter WHAT The dealer says. so long as it's been in thre times or more or more than 30 days. that's the CA rule anyway. Tell them you've hired and attorney and want a Trade Assist.

#40 ·
I actually don't have a problem with the dealer because, as far as I know (FWIW) they are doing what they can given what they know. At any rate there is a new s/w update coming so someone, somewhere knows there is still a problem.

I understand (FWIW) the parameters of a Lemon Law claim, the timeframe, the requirements, etc. It is pretty much what I expected although somewhat more generous to the consumer than I thought. I suspect that no one wants problem cars on the streets.

The latest dangerous hiccup might be bad documentation or another ongoing problem. I'll see, these things take a long time to figure out and resolve.

I also now know that the problems I feel ARE NOT the difference between a 3 and a 5 and, now that I've found the Edmunds review regarding the busted suspension, I think I understand the problem with the rocky ride.

If someone gets tired of blaming the AT, I suggest substituting the AWD just for kicks.

That is some progress!

#48 ·
Ignore List

Since this person seems to ignore all suggestions to help remedy his/her situation.

I do not believe the s/he has pursued any other means to resolve this problem and will continue to post observations with no factual data to back it up, other than reposting other peoples information.

This is a strange turn of events given my past history.

Here is my suggestion to help others on the forum.

Attachments

#49 ·
PPxwy -- your last few posts on this thread are so moronic that I will be ignoring your posts from here on in. Do you honestly think a major car manufacturer - and one that has been a leader in virtually every class of vehicle it makes -- would really do some of the crap you are suggesting? And what about the tens of thousands of X3's that this manufacturer has made that have thoroughly satisfied their drivers? What about All those vehicles that havent been "wobbly" or exhibited the "behavior" your X3 has? How do you explain those if what you say is true? You either got a lemon or you yourself are a lemon. Either way -- its time to move on. I think it is your "behavior" that is suspect and that your logic circuits are a tad "wobbly." Seeya...

#51 ·
Thanks Evlengr. Anything from PPZYZ now just comes up as "This message is hidden because PPXYZ is on your ignore list."

It's looking more and more likely to me that PPXYZ is not a person but a rival company. I will not miss the postings.

#55 ·
Actually talked to exile on several occasions. He is Quite different from ppxyz. And took our advice and got things handled to the best of his abilities, given he was in Croatia.

He like I finally wised up, stopped complaining, and did something about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.