BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Z3 passenger seat moves.

43K views 104 replies 64 participants last post by  vintage42 
#1 ·
My passenger side seat slides back and forth slightly. All electronic controls work and its as if the seat is loose on the track. It will shift forward or back freely for about a half an inch. Not so bad if someone is sitting in it, but when I'm driving alone, I hear it move if I accelerate quickly or brake hard. I can grab the seat with my hand and just slightly move it back and forth without using the switches. Does not sound like the motors in the seat are being affected by the movement. Any ideas?

#41 ·
Z3 - Problem with drivers seat and fuel guage.

Hi this is my first post, so hopefully someone can assist. I recently bought a 2001 3Lt Z3, and it is the first BMW I have ever owned. It is fantastic and I love it. However it has developed two problems during the short time I have owned it.

1. The drivers seat will not rise or lower. It travells forward and back ok and I can hear the motor attempting to work each time I try to rise and lower it but it doesn't work. Problem is I am 6'4" and my wife raised the seat to its maximum height when she used it, and as a reuslt I can't comfortably fit in the car when the roof is on. Even with the roof off my head sticks up above the windscreen. :)

2. The fuel guage stopped working the second time I filled up the tank. I believe I may have over fill the tank, which has reuslted in the fuel guage low fuel light staying on and the guage not working - permanently recording no fuel. I tried to fix it by disconecting the battery, however this didn't work.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

#42 ·
Not a good way to start on a forum by posting the same thing in multiple threads.

ONCE is enough.

Welcome.

The fuel gauge is a common problem, and a quick search will get you a lot of information.

#57 · (Edited)
Ok, I've been putting this off for a while, along with the outer weatherstrip and rear window swap.

I'd come to Zfest, but I'll be driving the Grossglockner, Dolomites, and Stelvio those exact 3 days. True story, funny how that worked out.

Is that PP still floating around?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.