BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Got me a GT

4K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  Lars-GT 
#1 ·
Hello to everyone. I purchased this 2010 a few months ago. This is the 1st BMW I have owned. Just some observations from my short time with the vehicle.
This car is fast. I tend to go for the soft ride luxury vehilces (just came out of a Lexus LS 460). Much more of a drivers car than I am used to. Fun to drive. My only real complaints are poor gas economy, and this terrible whining sound. Has anybody experienced this sound? I have never had a car that made this noise.
I have been adding my little touches to the car. Tinted windows, blacked out emblems, grille, front reflectors and moldings. I am tempted to go with the Dinan stage 2 kit, but due to the fact I only keep a car 12 months, I just cant seem to justify the price. The car is fairly well optioned. From what I can tell, the only options missing are all wheel drive, heads up display, and rear entertainment package.

Attachments

See less See more
#10 ·
Update:
Had the oil pump replaced, and no more whine! Dealer only had it for 1 day. Also, after reading the horror reviews about run flats, I decided to keep the non run flat tires on the car. The dealer gave me the BMW mobility kit. I have other vehicles, so I don't need to worry about getting around in the snow or extreme cold.
Interesting fact, BMW will not pay the dealer for new oil and filter while replacing the oil pump. They expect the dealer to store the oil in a clean container, and then reuse it. I was surprised by this and requested new oil and filter. The dealer did this for me with no extra charge ( I would have no problem paying for the oil and filter).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.