BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

SSS Progman v32 DME/DDE Software Update Failed

8K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  iyas87 
#1 ·
Hi All,

I have problem with coding DME/DDE in my My 2004 X3 2.5i.
Now my car wont start but the engine is cranking. HELP!!!

I used SSS Progman v32

Operations:
Measures plan selected - OK
CKM Backup Successful - OK

Flashed via DIAGBUS:
X/Program DME/DDE
X/Diagnostic trouble 2082 (CoApi) - Error in cleaning flash

CKM Restoration Successful - OK
! Could not completely clear fault code memories
! The following ECU9(s) contain(s) furthier entries in the fault memory

-GM
-VTG
-KOMBI
-MRS

Need your help Guys!!! need ride to go to work. Thanks

Attachments

See less See more
#3 · (Edited)
Are you sure cable you are working with is OK ? I would :

- check cable
- be sure battery is full, connect charger all the time
- check version you want to upload with version you have (DDE), post here, maybe someone has same problem

Also, if you have CoApi error maybe your application is outdated for your car. You should find latest files to update ediabas, files from 2011 are like 11 GB for all car, 450 MB E83 only.

if software is not updated you are probably on old version but something else went wrong, use INPA or DIS to find exact error and post here.

Also : may be scary at this moment but don't worry, nothing is broken, you just need to find what is wrong and to do correct update.

Finally : IF your SSS is outdated I don't know how this can be updated, but winkfp can be updated using SSS files, just more things need to be do manually and be aware that this is using 32 bit ediabas which won't work with ncsexpert, install that to separeted folder (e.g. change folder to ediabas32)

Regards,
Dejan

#4 ·
I had the same issue while updating my ECU...
The error in Progman was:
Operations : Diagnostic trouble 2000 CoApi - EDIABAS or ECU descroption file error
Diagnostic trouble 2020(Coapi) - Control unit does not respond
The battery voltage was about ~12.5 without external charger. The cable is a KKL cable used for vagcom too, with FTDI chip reprogrammed. With this cable i succesfully programmed other parts : cluters, lights..with progman too in CAR section when when it comes about ecu update..i got the errors above.
After that I tried with WINFKP..i set it up correctly..with the correct data files..but the same issue Error 606: Diagnosis: Error reading ECU programming status...in INPA i got now ecu rejected..
What do you think that could be? The KKL cable is not good ?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.