BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Help - Sales people are not helpful

2K views 16 replies 4 participants last post by  181562 
#1 · (Edited)
I am looking for a lower mileage X5. 2006 - 2009 depending on budget. I am trying to find out the dimensions behind the second seat (luggage area). No one or web searching helps. Do not want cu. ft.

I am looking at the 4.4 as I will be pulling a boat and the 3.0 seems a little small. Cannot afford a 35.

Anyone have one to sell for a good price? Looking at either model, can anyone fill me in with the primary differences between the models.

thks in advance

#2 ·
I am looking for a lower mileage X5. 2006 - 2009 depending on budget. I am trying to find out the dimensions behind the second seat (luggage area). No one or web searching helps. Do not want cu. ft.

I am looking at the 4.4 as I will be pulling a boat and the 3.0 seems a little small. Cannot afford a 35.

Anyone have one to sell for a good price?
It's not really clear which model, E53 or E70, you're considering. The 2006 would be an E53 model while 2007-2009 would be the E70. The 4.4 was the normal V8 used in the E53. The 35 is an E70.

#6 ·
I believe the E70 (2007 - current) will have the larger luggage area as it is is physically larger than the E53 (2000 - 2006). It sounds as if you have a specific need so my suggestion would be to look at both and see which one can handle the cargo you need to carry.

#16 ·
I had one of the front seals start to leak. My mechanic and BMW both said it was an unusual leak as they don't see many of them. BMW picked up the majority of the repair under a goodwill repair (the vehicle is out of warranty based on age and had under 40K miles when the leak occurred).

I have the 4.8L engine and it's fairly nicely equipped. Other than the leak no issues with it. The mechanics advice may be the "Do not buy the first year of a model year" as they tend to have more issues than subsequent years. I'm very pleased with mine and would buy another 2007 - 2008 without hesitation.

#15 ·
Just taking a quick look seems to indicate you will have more room in your 4-runner than the X5. Another one to think about is the XC90 which has a very usable 3rd row, as well as more room (with and without seats folded) than the X5. Lots of choices out there -- check them out.:angel:

#17 ·
When researching my first X5 (the E53 model) I read article after article, review after review, which universally stated the cargo capacity of the X5 was lower than other vehicles. That's why BMW labels it a SAV instead of SUV. It holds a decent amount but other SUVs seem to hold more (I experienced this last week when I transferred a bunch of things from my friends 1999 Grand Cherokee to my X5.)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.