BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

The Dealer Accepted to replace a defected car, But wants to apply a price increase.!!

3K views 14 replies 5 participants last post by  karimsha 
#1 ·
Hello All,

Re my previous post regarding teh RPM issue as per the thread : http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=672476

I had an approval from the dealer to repalce my Car with a brand new one.. However, they Just called and told me that the car price was increased by 3.5% which is equivalant to USD 2500. In Egytian pounds EGP 15,000..

They justified the increase is due to a new option (Folding Mirrors) . Is this my problem.. shall be liable for such increase for a defect from their factory.. why shoudl I bare such increase, I have the full amount paid an they have the money for more than 10 days after i returned the car. :mad:

When I objected on the increase, they offered me to accept the old car after fixing it which will take another 10 days from now, and they can compensate me with an Extra year warantee.. or to refund the money..:mad:

Is this legal ... to return a defected product and replace it with another and burden me with an increase... I wonder if the case was the opposite. i.e. If the price decreased? would they replace it with another and refund the difference??? of course NO.

I need some opinions ..shall I discuss with them or shall I esclate the isuue to BMW AG ..

See less See more
#2 ·
Hard to say if this is "legal" in Egypt, but if you are getting more equipment on the new replacement car, aside from the folding mirrors which shouldn't cost that much as an option, it seems as if it might be the normal price increase that happens each year with cars. Go ahead and escalate it, but you might be better off getting the brand new car and paying the extra -- if there are more options than you had.:thumbup:

#3 ·
Sounds logic somehow

UncleJ, what you say sounds logic of course.. However, I was already hit with 10,000 EGP in one week. And now another 15000 that's 25000 in like 20 days.

However, 2013 had an extra BMW connected drive and the sport and comfort button at no extra cost....

Despite the fact that folding mirrors is a nice to have option but not for that sum of money...

If they added xenon or power seats or wood trims, or larger rims for example that might be worth the increase..

I would like to add that another reason for the increase is the devaluation of the egyptian pouns versus the € and $ .. It increased significantly during the past 2weeks given the political and economic unrest we are currently facing...:

Below is the rates of $ & € against the Egyptian Pound..

CURRENCY CODE BUY SELL :bawling:
US Dollar USD 6.6920 6.7320
Euro EUR 8.7906 9.3157

#5 ·
The X Men

Actually I bought the car from BAG, the Bavarian Auto Group in Egypt which is the frenchise of the BAG worldwide and the have a factory here .. So those are who I am talking with right now..but for the cluster issue I was mailing BMW AG, the headquarters in Germany... Do mean I should escalate the issue to Germany again ?

Thanks

#7 ·
I did last night. I sent the 4th complaint to BMW group... as usual they replied...

We have forward your complaint to the concerned department inyour country....as if I cannot communicate with the concerned department in my country.

Today I visited the dealer and I was very furious and my voice was very loud...

I am waiting fir thier fed back by Tomorrow or sunday max..

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Bimmer App

#8 ·
If the dealer treats you right, then they should give you a similar car at an equivalent discount % (in case packages are different), or at cost.

Price increase could happen due to FX, or due to changes in level of standard equipment.

I don't think talking to BMW Germany will help.. but you could talk to the head office in your country about it. Good luck.

#9 ·
If the dealer treats you right, then they should give you a similar car at an equivalent discount % (in case packages are different), or at cost.

Price increase could happen due to FX, or due to changes in level of standard equipment.

I don't think talking to BMW Germany will help.. but you could talk to the head office in your country about it. Good luck.
The dealer said that my model is not avialable anymore...

However. Its not a matter of the money its a matter of principle ..theybsais they will replace it with no mention about the possnlity of a price increase, and I am not supposed to be subject to this increase...

Anyway. I emailed BMW AG and I talked to the dealer yesterday roughly..and they still dis not give me a reply...

I just need to know what will they do..

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Bimmer App

#13 ·
Premium Package .. No way

Hi Mark, The one that I had had teh auto dimming mirrors already. as far as I understood that it is only the folding mirror oprtion that is added..

However, I Emailed the German Compnay and I had no feed back since 6 days, despite the fact that i have sent a reminder 2 days ago.

Anyway I as well talked to the reponsible person in Egypt and He gave me no valid feedback ... All what he said that it a different car, and if you would have purchsed it these days you woudl have paid the increased price ...

Now I am negotiation with them at least a 50% discount over the top up price. as they advised that they could fix my car and provide me with an extended waranty which for me is not an option . I am psychologiclay pesimistic from this particular car ..

Another adivise which i totaly disliked and did not accept it is that they said " who knows the new car might have anotehr defect " my reply was if this was the case I will definitly return it and i wont buy BMW anymore ...

#14 ·
Given the economic situation and the currency fluctuation out there now you might be best served by taking the new car and paying the extra knowing that at least you will have a car should things deteriorate even more. Hard to make a decision in unsettled times but you have to look out for yourself -- and your family of course. Good luck!:thumbup:

#15 ·
Thanks , took the car, didn't pay a penny

UncleJ, Thanks for the nice advise..

anyway, I took the car last Thursday Night. However, the dealer called me before I reach the showroom and told me that the car arrived on a trailer, with 1.1KM reading and the white packing sticker ..However, it came with NO Folding Mirrors, So, I did not pay anything and I put the Licence Plates today.. I hope nothing pops up ..

Thanks God and thank you all for your support. It feels like family in here..:angel:

God Bless You All.. I will start a new thread to inquire about some after market options.. Hope to meet you guys there ...

Cheers

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.