BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

A LOVE FOR A CAR (your views)

1K views 16 replies 13 participants last post by  dou750 
#1 ·
I bought my Dads 2003 BMW 745i a few months ago and I am 26 and married and have always had a affinity for automobiles. I sell vehicles for a living and I picked out every car in my household for everyone since i was about 15 years old. Ive driven alot of cars in my short life more then mosts long life. from kia to Lambo..lol I waws wondering how everyone felt about there BMW, people look at me and say oh thats flashy or it stands out or you think your **** dont stink. Although I love the compliments, I have to say I bought this car for myself. Every minute im in it I am pushing the mental reset button. As I explained to my wife " Baby think about it its how I start my day everyday(ie drive to work) and its how I wrap it up (ie drive home) I think of my car not as a factory assembled car but a beautifully engineered work of art that never looses its thrill. Am I Crazy or do the majority of other owners feel this way. If you want to find a new found love buy winter tires and go out in the snow by me in wisconisn. I pass 3/4 tons like they are standing still all in perfect control. Idk maybe im bored at work but my hat is off to people who love this car and please share with me your feelings....no ****

:)

#11 ·
+1

Couldn't have said it better :thumbup:

#4 ·
It is an amazing car, i've had E39 E60 and also have a 911, i always say, NOTHING drives like the 7

#5 ·
Love the new signature. Both cars look great!

#6 ·
I agree, I got a 2006 750Li and love it. My 4 year old is saving his $ to buy a M3; he too has a passion for BMW.

He refuse to ride in my wives chrysler 300C, and insist that she have a BMW as well. a monthly we replaced her car with a 2004 BMW X5 for starts. She has joyed the club along with my daughter who just got a 2006 3 series.

#8 ·
The lines of a BMW flow seamlessly unlike any other luxury brand. Why they overcomplicate things adding transmission adaptations that need to be cleared or coating plastic interior trim (fail) I don't know. But when it comes to aesthetics and driving enjoyment every BMW model is on point!

#9 ·
I sell Vehicles for one of the largest dealers in the U.S. I do new and used my used circuit gets made up alot in part of Audi, Volkswagon, Chevrolet all makes and models of Certified Pre Owned cars I love driving and comparing all the vehicles. But my wife and friends think I am insane because I just tell them flat out my 2003 745i is comperable if not better then the majority of new vehicles out there from a driver/passenger point. I was asked would I sell it for something new I said maybe a new 7 lol I just cant get over my love for the car. Im glad I stumbled upon some apparently crazy people like myself that also agree

#12 ·
It IS like a marriage. Along with that (like a marriage), is a lot of drama, crying, counselling and sometimes.......a bitter divorce.

That said, I'm in the honeymoon stage despite the drama and love my car. Nicest I've ever driven.

#14 ·
it is nice from far,but far from nice.
Khabar are you still stuck in the Mountains of West Virginia with your 7 trying to self diagnose it? ever see the movie "deliverance" ?....be careful boss!

#17 ·
My 01 745il ended up in a bitter divorce, with the bitch taking more than her share. HOWEVER, still in honeymoon stage with my 07 750li, with warranty this time. When I drive, it makes my ass happy.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.