BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Any advice for a late Feb ED?

3K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  Boraxo 
#1 · (Edited)
Going to ED an M5 on 2-28 and will be in western Europe (France, Lux, Germany) for the week.

Past years its been 42-45F or so. Should I risk using the Michelin PS3 summer tires? Or should I not even bother and turn the car in right away and take trains/taxis etc.

#2 · (Edited)
I'd rent winter rubber for under 300 euro and enjoy your new ride. I've done several winter ED's, including a great romp in Scotland, and in some ways preferred the winter trips.
Taking the DE .50 with you is not advised:D

Dick

#3 ·
Definitely rent winter tires. It'd be a waste to not have the chance to drive the car!

#4 ·
Rent the winter tires, unless your plans are extremely flexible and you don't mind being stuck at one place for a few days or altering your plans to avoid winter weather.

I went to do European Delivery in late April and it was still plenty cold. We ended up getting a few inches of snow in Berchtesgaden, and I was concerned for a few hours that we may be stranded at the Intercontinental :bawling:;) .

An advantage also is that you'll have fresh rubber when your car is returned stateside, which offsets the cost somewhat.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.