BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Fair Price for a 08 X3

2K views 14 replies 10 participants last post by  LACostumer 
#1 ·
What do you think is a fair price for this 2008 CPO X3 from a BMW dealer:

19K miles, 6MT, Premium, M Sport, Cold Weather, Xenons, Nav, Park Distance Control,
2 years left on maintenance plan (no window tint or premium stereo, clean carfax).

With the new model on it's way, I was thinking $30-32K would be reasonable.

Thanks in advance for your opinions.

#2 ·
I had mine up for sale and would still consider a reasonable offer.

Mine is an 08 MT with Tobacco leather, Xenons, heated seated seats, heated steering, tinted rear privacy glass, Black Sapphire metallic, and 21k miles. Very small nick in front glass on passenger side $28k. It is almost exactly two years old. Took possession July 3, 08.

Unbelievable sound system with full steering control intact.

#3 ·
It depends on your level of competition out there. I still see 2007's like mine at about the same retail price I bought mine for 2 years ago. My trade-in is much less of course!

Doesn't make sense.

I would think your price range is about right.

#8 ·
It depends on how long it is on the lot also. My dealer told me they cut the price as time goes on. The Z4 I just bought was $34900 when it was first listed. It was lowered to $32900 when I went to see it. Got it for about $29500. It was there for a month. Probably would have been able to cut a few more thousand off in month 2.

#6 ·
A quick check on cars.com in my area brought up lots of '09-'07 X3's for between $29K and $33K. A couple of '10's were listed at $36K. Check it out in your area. Remember these are dealers asking prices so figure about $2K less on average will buy it. Your guy is dreaming at $37K for an '08 IMHO.:yikes:

#7 ·
as a point of reference, I recently bought a 2007 CPO with 36k miles, fully loaded (minus the cold weather option and premium sound). Sticker was over 33k and I got it for just a little over 28k otd, including two additional years of free maintenance. So given the extra year, lower mileage and the cold package, I think your range sounds about right.

#10 ·
This time last year, I bought mine at the end of the lease for $34,400. 2008 AT with every option available, 28k miles at the time. A quick check of Galves (which apparently tracks sales primarily in the Northeast) seems to imply your in the right price range for the vehicle you are looking at, but MTs are a little harder to move than ATs. For that reason, I would think you could get the car under $30k, but Aug/Sept are big car buying months.

Last year, just when I expected values to fall at this time, they stabilized and inventory appeared to shrink. And despite what the general market thinks about MTs, if you are one of the people that really wants MT, they are actually somewhat hard to find on the used market. So, if you like this particular vehicle, I say buy it even if you pay over $30k.

#11 ·
This time last year, I bought mine at the end of the lease for $34,400. 2008 AT with every option available, 28k miles at the time. A quick check of Galves (which apparently tracks sales primarily in the Northeast) seems to imply your in the right price range for the vehicle you are looking at, but MTs are a little harder to move than ATs. For that reason, I would think you could get the car under $30k, but Aug/Sept are big car buying months.

Last year, just when I expected values to fall at this time, they stabilized and inventory appeared to shrink. And despite what the general market thinks about MTs, if you are one of the people that really wants MT, they are actually somewhat hard to find on the used market. So, if you like this particular vehicle, I say buy it even if you pay over $30k.
Ummmmm$28k here for mine if you are interested and has only 21,000 miles.

#12 ·
There is a new 2010 at our dealer that has been discounted from $46K down to $36K. Not too sure what options it has as my wife is the one who saw it, but that just shows you they are trying to get rid of them prior to the new X3 coming in a couple of months. So a 2008 for the same price is quite a bit unrealistic.

#13 ·
I bought an '08 from the dealers auction in riverside ca march for 32k. I then had to pay to ship it to NJ , detail it, pay a local dealer his fee. I also put some new tires. After all was said and done it cost me 34.5k plus tax. Mine had 19k miles. The one you are looking at has low miles and some desirable options. My guess is if he is asking 37k you might get it for 35-36k. I dont see dealer letting it go for 5-7k less. If you could live without xenons and sport and a little higher miles and no CPO you should be able to get one for 30-32k.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.