BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

F25 Coding Spread Sheet... need help

41K views 32 replies 22 participants last post by  JackS 
#1 ·
#18 ·
I need only three functions:

1. Remember last stop start state - dealers in South Africa does not offer this (I begged)
2. Fold mirror from single click of fob. Currently you have to hold the lock button for a couple seconds causing the sunroof cover to close a little... Annoying.
3. Rear tail light on when DLR is enabled. Audi works like this.

I don't see any of these on the cheat sheets.

Ps. I am only getting my coding kit delivered in a couple of weeks.

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app

#25 ·
I need only three functions:

1. Remember last stop start state - dealers in South Africa does not offer this (I begged)
2. Fold mirror from single click of fob. Currently you have to hold the lock button for a couple seconds causing the sunroof cover to close a little... Annoying.
3. Rear tail light on when DLR is enabled. Audi works like this.

I don't see any of these on the cheat sheets.

Ps. I am only getting my coding kit delivered in a couple of weeks.

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
Mate you can definately do these. I am away for Xmas but I have done two the things you ask. Last stop start works perfectly, and the mirror fold can only be coded to reduce the time you hold close before they fold. I reduced it to minimum and it works great. Comfort access and key fob. I have read about the rear lights with DRL's but. Didn't want them so I didn't try it. Most of the things I have done to my car, I got from F10, F15 cheat sheets including indicators in the HUD. I will update when I get home with what you need.

#21 ·
Anyone able to get their 2011-2014 F25 w/ Xenons pkg to delete the amber while the Xenons are on and only have them come on when turn signal or hazards?

#22 · (Edited)
I did some coding and had problems

I own a 2013 X3 28i. A couple of months after taking delivery I did some coding. Everything was going great until I attempted to code the tail gate so I could close it using the fob or the button in the cockpit.

The coding worked great, for one day. Then the tailgate would not open or when it did it wouldn't close, or it would open halfway, close, and open halfway and close and open halfway and....well, you get the idea.

The dealer did see it as a warranty issue and to correct the problem a module had to be replaced. I guess this was an anomaly cause no one other than me ever said they had any similar problems. It did, however, end any desire to do any more coding.

#23 ·
I own a 2013 X3 28i. A couple of months after taking delivery I did some coding. Everything was going great until I attempted to code the tail gate so I could close it using the fob or the button in the cockpit.

The coding worked great, for one day. Then the tailgate would not open or when it did it wouldn't close, or it would open halfway, close, and open halfway and close and open halfway and....well, you get the idea.

The dealer did see it as a warranty issue and to correct the problem a module had to be replaced. I guess this was an anomaly cause no one other than me ever said they had any similar problems. It did, however, end any desire to do any more coding.
Tail gate w/ fob key works fine for me
Amber delete is not.

#26 ·
Try again.
Have an aftermarket phone bluetooth device instalerad in the car.
At instalation car was encoded using:
http://shop.fiscon-mobile.de/index.php/info/p52_fiscon_pro_for_bmw_f-series_incl_coding-module.html
Everything worked perfectly.
The car ended up on BMW and then all encodings erased and restored to factory settings.
I have everything necessary soft and hardware, to make changes but a cheat sheet
would fit well!
Anyone know what needed to change in order to recover the phone heading in the iDrive?
Thanks so much!

#28 ·
Not sure if it's appropriate to post in an old thread like this but for the
'Close mirrors + windows + moon roof through key FOB'
feature the setting listed is 'aktiv / Werte=01'

When I was changing it in E-Sys the initial value was nicht_aktiv Werte 01.
I changed it to aktiv and my Werte automatically switched to Werte 00

I attempted to change the aktiv Werte to 01 and the feature did not work.
I went back the next day and tried setting it to aktiv and leaving the value it gives me (Werte 00) and the feature worked this time around.

I'm not sure if this is a mistake with the spreadsheet but the option only works for me if I keep the Werte at 00 and not 01 as listed.

I had no issue coding the FRM module accompanying this feature, though.

#29 ·
My German is very rusty, but I think "nicht_aktiv" means "not active" and "werte" means "value". So if werte=01, I believe it means the value is true and werte=0 means false.
So if "nicht_aktiv" (not active) and is set to "werte=01" (true), it means, not active is true.
If you set werte=00 (false), you will get "not active is false", giving you an active (aktiv) result.
Trying to relate this using binary 1 and 0 (true/false) logic with these settings.
Correct me if I'm wrong?

#30 ·
I guess that could be an explanation for what had happened though i'm not sure why the cheat-sheet says "aktiv / Werte=01" should be the new value set when "aktiv / Werte =00" is the only one that works for me.

Weird. I agree with you that the 0/1 is probably just a boolean operator.

#31 ·
I have an iPad and a wireless OBD II adapter. Can my 2016 X3 be coded using that combo? That's what I did with my wife's Audi Q5. It was super-easy using an app called Carista - no need to have any codes. The app lists all available features in human readable format and allows for simply enabling/disabling them. For some reason Carista doesn't currently support the X3.

My goal is to be able to do the following:
Close sunroof and windows using the remote (by default I'm able to open them but not close)
Close the trunk lid with the remote
Fold the side mirrors while locking the car.

Thanks!

#33 ·
Thank you, Tom! I'm curious as to why BMW is not that easy. I would think that ability to connect from an iPad or any wifi device should be doable. Wrapping the codes in human readable format should also be possible so I'm thinking that there simply hasn't been enough interest for someone to bother developing the right tools that work with BMWs.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.