BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

ECS Tuning Parts

Z3 Roadster (E36/7) 
2K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  Blacklane 
#1 ·
About ready to order parts for cooling system. Has anyone delt with ECS Tuning.com for their parts? If so, did you encounter any problems with them? :dunno:

#2 ·
I've had great results when buying routine parts, but one time I ordered a clutch line pipe that was out-of-stock. They accepted my order, then a few days later sent me an e-mail wanting me to pay for the part in advance, agree that I could not return it, and they would hold the rest of my order hostage until I met those demands.

I canceled the order and haven't called back. We exchanged a few e-mails about how they felt they couldn't fill my order and how I felt that that I had placed the order in good faith and that they had accepted it, then changed the conditions.

The way to deal with out-of-stock parts is to (a) don't accept the order, or (b) inform the customer that the part is back-ordered and will be shipped at a later date.

Overall, not a bad company, but it didn't work out for me. There are other good companies out there.

#3 ·
I ordered miscelaneous parts like door sill, windshield moulding, console cover, etc. Nothing on back order. Customer service was actually great. This was just a month ago. I like that their prices are fair and they offer both OE as well as other brands.
I'm actually about to order from them again.

#4 ·
morrieschoice - if you have any questions or need any help remember I'm always (well Monday - Friday) just a PM away waiting to answer any questions!

Blacklane - I'm really sorry my guys didn't explain what was going on with your order better. The clutch line pipe is a ultra rarely ordered part due to this we ask the customer to do a no cancel no return. The idea behind this is to insure the customer knows exactly what they are getting and didn't order this rarely ordered part by mistake. As for the rest of your order, we only ship complete orders so it was simply waiting on your go ahead to bring in the clutch line pipe or your request to remove it from the order. If you ever have any questions or concerns please feel free to contact me, I'll do my best to explain everything the first time around instead of leaving you hanging and making you feel we are holding parts hostage.

SC2003Z4 - thanks for the kind words! If you need help with your next order shoot me a PM and I'll be happy to assist you.

#6 ·
I want to update my earlier post.
I recently placed another order with ECS Tuning, a fairly large order with 15 parts and over $500 US. Before I completed the order, each item had an expected ship date and I was given the opportunity to change the order.
Later, I received an e-mail saying some parts were delayed. They provided a new shipping date, and again asked if I wanted to change my order in any way.
I actually expected a delay since I placed my order just before the Christmas holiday and most of the country was hit with a blizzard that week as well. Routine shipping was difficult.
Overall, a good experience this time. I even took the opportunity to add another part to my order.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.