BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Tech package requires premium package on AH5?

1K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  cordoor 
#1 ·
On BMW USA build your own I can add teck package without Premium package, on bmwconfig.com teck package requires premium package.

which one is correct?

also, wonder why they let you order Msport package on AH3 but not on AH5

I like the Msport look on AH3 but like the interior and luxury seat package on AH5

#2 ·
BMW USA appears to be correct.

According to the official ordering guide (which you can download here: http://f10.5post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=691825), the Technology Package does *not* require ordering the Premium Package.

When one package requires ordering another package (e.g. Driver Assistance Plus requires ordering Driver Assistance), they indicate it on the ordering guide (e.g. "ZDB requires ordering ZDA"). They don't list anything for the Technology Package.

As far as the M Sport Package goes, there may be a technical reason but probably not.

Perhaps you should go with a standard 535 so you can get the M Sport. Are there features on the AH5 you want that you can't get on the 535, such as 4-zone? Or do you just want the hybrid-ness?

#3 ·
Thanks for your reply.

I like the hybrids because they get the newest Navigation, have a much better implementation of the auto start stop, get slightly better mileage, and the eco credits are also attractive.

The AH3 will be more sporty and high performance ( same power less weight) and also allows Msport, but the AH5 has much nicer interior and I really like the luxury seat package.

Another consideration is trunk space, appears AH5 is reduced quite a bit and no folding rear seats, AH3 is reduced also but I think gets folding seats.

Anyone know where I can find cubic volume for the 2 trunks?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.