BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Z4 MC Rotora Brakes and 4 seconds off best time!

9K views 72 replies 14 participants last post by  Chris_Bernal 
#1 ·
I got Rotora 4 pot brakes in front and rear ionstalled on my Z4 M coupe and they work great. I am still running the stock size rotors 345x28 in front and 328x20 in the rear.

I will get 2 peice rotors to save weight when these wear out, but for now these work great. I just ran at Auto Club Speedway and my previous best time was a 1.58 this time out I ran a 1.54!

Here is the video of two laps one a 1.55 and the other a 1.54

Here is a graph comparing the braking of the stock brakes versus the Rotora's:
Text Font Line Drawing Diagram

The Blue lines are stock and the red and black are the Rotora's. The first peak is turn 3 and you can see the red line starts a little later than the blue so i was able to wait longer, but the kicker is i was going about 10 mph faster than before when the blue line was recorded. Over 2 seconds was due to the brakes alone, the other was a slight alignment adjustmemt amd more balls on the banking.

I was able to go from stock 1.19 braking g's to 1.36 g's with the Rotora's.

I will take a picture later but I got them in red.

See less See more
1 1
#67 ·
Thanks Brad. Look forward to the 4 pot "race" kit information as well.

On the note of springs for countering knockback - is'nt that bad for a street car as the pads will constantly be in touch with the rotor?

#71 ·
i was signed up for the 19th with the Buttonwillow Driving Clinic but they will not run CW13 so i probably will got to SV on the 21st rather than the 20th, since the Monday event, just added, will have less cars.

#70 ·
Not sure if Brad will be there, but Rune will be. He will be sporting the new race Super Challenge on his M3. You cannot miss it - it is Ti Silver with a Porsche GT3 RS Orange cage and interior. You can see the kit up close and talk to him about his set-up.

Feel free to call me if you have any questions. I am thinking since you already have Comp package, the caliper kit would be about a perfect fit for you!

thanks
Brad

#72 ·
Here are some pics of the brakes finally!

Front
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Alloy wheel Wheel

Rear
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Alloy wheel Wheel

Both
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Sports car Bmw

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.