BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Here's another E90 road test (channel4)

4K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  andy_thomas 
#1 ·
#3 ·
#4 ·
wingspan said:
Very strange the E90 got only 3 stars for "Image", and this from a UK source.
I think that 'image' applies to the general idea of who drives 3ers and what connotations they bring up in addition to how it looks. They make the comment of how if you saw someone driving an e46, they were probably a real estate salesman. Also the little caption on the picture talks about maybe the e90 will bring back the agressiveness of an original 3er, though I think that a late model ZHP makes this up pretty well.

#5 ·
pmoney said:
I think that 'image' applies to the general idea of who drives 3ers and what connotations they bring up in addition to how it looks. They make the comment of how if you saw someone driving an e46, they were probably a real estate salesman. Also the little caption on the picture talks about maybe the e90 will bring back the agressiveness of an original 3er, though I think that a late model ZHP makes this up pretty well.
Ah, I see now having reread the article thanks.

Anyone who quotes Jeremy Clarkson is a bozo, IMHO. A 3er still says "up market" in the UK...

#8 ·
pmoney said:
So very true. I still remember the top gear episode where the only thing he didn't like on their test M3 was the SMG (because he didn't know how to drive it) :confused: and the Phoenix Yellow paint.
Yes, the chap who thinks that if an engine has lots of "torques" it goes faster, and directly correlates size of exhaust pipe diameter, to engine power, to accelerative ability. Which should please an awful lot of chavs out there :).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.