BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

BMW 328i 2007

3K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  CALWATERBOY 
#1 ·
Hello!
Maybe you could help me with some professional advice or expert.
I have BMW 328i 2007 (e90).
1) I made a triple Gauge A pillar pod and want to install water temperature, oil temperature and volts gauge. I’ve called installer and he told me it’s not problem to to have a volts gauge but wouldn’t be possible for this model to install water and oil temperature gauges.
Is it true?

2) Does anyone have installed BMW Performance Steering wheel Electric V2 in BMW 328i 2007? Is that suppose to work with this model?

3) Does anyone know a good and professional BMW Performance installer
Master or company in New York?.

#2 · (Edited)
Google "garmin mechanic" to see how you can display various engine info on your android phone or garmin gps in real time. Some of the info displayable on your phone includes intake manifold pressure, coolant temperature, oil temperature, oil pressure, air/fuel mixture, timing advance, throttle position; measures 0***8211;30, 0***8211;60, 1/8-mile and 1/4-mile times; calculates your vehicle's horsepower and torque; measures lateral acceleration; records live OBD data and you can export it for analysis and a bunch of other stuff. I don't think the gps has as much, but it sure is easy to read and is a way cleaner install than an A pillar pod. You can customize the info displayed, for example:

With a Bavarian Technic cable you can display even more info on a Windows tablet or netbook.

EDIT: According the Garmin website this thing doesn't work on a 2007 328i. But the BT should work.

Hello!
1) I made a triple Gauge A pillar pod and want to install water temperature, oil temperature and volts gauge. I've called installer and he told me it's not problem to to have a volts gauge but wouldn't be possible for this model to install water and oil temperature gauges.
Is it true?

2) Does anyone have installed BMW Performance Steering wheel Electric V2 in BMW 328i 2007? Is that suppose to work with this model?

#3 · (Edited)
Well you can get a bluetooth OBD module

Well you can get a bluetooth OBD module
such as the elm for about 20 buck s now and sign up for the
torque app. But there is no oil pressure or temperature data
from a 328 OBD port . You can get water temp and voltage though.
So basicly no sensors in the engine for oil pressure and temp that
return values.

#4 ·
Help for 2008 328i

Periodically since I had a major tune up done my car keeps needing a jump start of the battery. The mileage and the clock keeps resetting. Yesterday the car would not start with a jump start but this morning it started right up. Im going to have a diagnostic done today but I would like to know if someone else has had this experience and know of a solution.

#6 ·
Periodically since I had a major tune up done my car keeps needing a jump start of the battery. The mileage and the clock keeps resetting. Yesterday the car would not start with a jump start but this morning it started right up. Im going to have a diagnostic done today but I would like to know if someone else has had this experience and know of a solution.
[click here]

#5 ·
Hello!
1) I made a triple Gauge A pillar pod and want to install water temperature, oil temperature and volts gauge. I've called installer and he told me it's not problem to to have a volts gauge but wouldn't be possible for this model to install water and oil temperature gauges.
Is it true?

Visit BMW coding forums.

How are your Jedi skills?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.