BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Craigslist Finds Thread

Tags
:3
623K views 10K replies 296 participants last post by  ChuckyVee 
#1 ·
i do it, you do it....we all do it. so what's the sense in hiding it?

post you're craigslist finds, we'll discuss and give opinions on the deals. woohooooo:bigpimp:

#5,517 · (Edited)
hahahaha, you can not find a BMW up here that is in half decent shape for under $5k. If you do they are very rough and in reality only worth $2k most.
The hard top should add some value but still not $7500, even with 2nd set of rims.
It does run smooth as butter though and for the miles on it the chassis is solid but still not worth that price. Oh yes the FWD, most likely that was a default entry.

#5,519 · (Edited)
1. The Peg to Calgary is an 11 hour drive.

2. Have the owner post clear photo's.

3. The ad states:
M-Style Package
. That is complete BS. Not one thing ///M about that car.

4. If you're serious, call Sheni's Auto Trend in Calgary, and see if they'll let you pay by phone with a cc to have the owner drop it off for them to perform a PPI. That will tell you flat out if it's worth the trip.

Sheni's Auto Trend
5306 3 Street Southeast *Calgary, AB T2H 1J8
(403) 243-3232

Ed.

#5,525 ·
http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/cto/3090770036.html

Hey everybody, i'm new here. Looking to buy my first Bimmer.
The one above looks really good for the price, though i'm not sure how much work the engine would need. I'm more realistically looking for a 96-98 328i or around that, budget for 2-4k, manual ofc. If anybody could point me in the right direction with what a good deal would be, that's be great. Thanks!

#5,528 ·
You should avoid that m3. You will not be able to fix it up and buy it with your budget. Engine work could mean anything but if it cheap or easy the current owner would have fixed it. So the car could easily need a new engine which will cost you $1000 and the ad doesn't say that the cooling system has been replaced so that's another $500. You are looking at $1500 worth of repairs before you even go to see the car and what else is broken. For your budget you should be looking for a good 323is/328is. You should continue to look on craigslist for your car and try the classified section on this forum. The people who loved there BMWs and really maintained them are easier to find on this forum's classified section and if you can afford/find one it will be the best BMW you can buy. On craigslist most of the BMWs are being sold because the owner could not afford the maintains and will need a new cooling system at the very least so keep that when buying your car. As drivenfast said "nothing is more expensive than a cheap BMW". Read the stickys at the top of the forum to get better acquainted with the e36 especially this one.

#5,538 ·
Those are m3 side skirts, just the "lux" version. You can tell by the door panels as well as by the type of grill in the front bumper.

If it has slats (like that one does) it's the luxury version. The sport had the "twisty" sideskirts and a mesh bumper grill. :thumbup:

#5,541 ·
Looks worth checking out.
The body isn't all that clean. Front bumper needed to be replaced for what reason? Pull it off and make sure it's not hiding expensive/extensive damage.

#5,540 ·
Looks worth checking out.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.