BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

What new Thing Did You Discover Today?

4K views 21 replies 12 participants last post by  chrischeung 
#1 ·
What new thing(feature, option) did you discover after owning your F01/02 for a little while...or a long while?

#2 ·
I discovered the little button for the computer on the end of the turning signal stalk after driving the car for two weeks! I know...Duh! I just read the manual a week ago, and then still missed it! But its fun to learn as I go!

#3 ·
I discovered that my car has speed limit info , which wasn't listed in the features when I bought it :D

#4 ·
How'd you activate the speed limit info? I'd love to activate that on my car, it's so quiet and smooth I find myself unintentionally speeding all the time!

(Driving my car all over the Autobahn at 110-150mph probably didn't help either come to think of it)

#6 ·
It's not available in the USA. Beamlord is located in Germany. This is the feature that reads the speed limit signs and tells you the speed limit where you currently are.

#10 ·
Hopefully we'll get an update on that speed limit thing...dang cell phone nav has it but not my 2012 car?
Are you sure your cell phone has it? Does it use the camera phone? So you mount it on the dash? I've got a Blackberry, and have nothing like that.

The BMW system works even if the speed limit changes due to roadworks, since it's reading real time speed signs, and not just what the speed limit is on that stretch.

#9 ·
Well I don't know how useful it's in the states? I mean there is always a speed limit so you should always keep it in mind.

This feature is awesome on the autobahn where the unlimited zones are followed by 120km/h limited zones and you don't always notice that, but the camera does - a real moneysaver!

#19 ·
My "low tire pressure" light came on this weekend. So I take it to the local tire shop and they confirm that 3 of my 4 tires were low. I drive away expecting the light to go off and it doesn't. I try the reset and it won't let me. I later figured out that the car has to be stopped in order to reset the tire pressure sensors.

#21 ·
Since it is cold here, I have been driving with the vent on and no AC. Today while driving I noticed that if you change the temperature, the air coming out does not change till you take it all the way up to 84*. I have been running with it around 72*, but was a little chilly so I bumped it up a few degree's and it didn't seem to do anything. Then I started going 1-2 degrees at a time and the air temp was the same. The only time it changed was when I went from 83* to 84*. Kinda strange.

#22 ·
You can unlock the trunk with your key. Not the fob, the physical key itself.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.