BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Free coding in Madison, Chicago and Milwaukee area

49K views 134 replies 58 participants last post by  Mikegfx4 
#1 · (Edited)

I'm based in Madison, WI and I'm willing to travel to Milwaukee and Chicago area if there is a group interest.

I may not be checking this board or PM very often so please contact me at -> bmwminicoding [at] gmail [dot] com

The following options can be coded in your car

Doors & Mirrors
***8226; Close Windows & Roof / Convertible top with the Key FOB.
***8226; Eject Key FOB and Unlock doors when the ignition is turned off
***8226; Disable Auto Dimming mirrors
***8226; Close Side View Mirrors with the key FOB

iDrive
***8226; Disable iDrive [Accept] Warnings
***8226; Disable Rear camera warning ***8211; Never solely rely on camera
***8226; Video in Motion for CIC
***8226; Weather Band Radio for CIC
***8226; Fuel Stop Suggestion in Route Guidance for CIC
***8226; Lock/unlock beep options in iDrive for CCC
***8226; Day time Running Light option in iDrive for CCC
***8226; Traffic Information for CCC
***8226; 2012 Navigation Maps Update for CCC

Wiper Operation
***8226; Wiper completes the cycle when ignition is turned off
***8226; Disable Headlamp Washer

Rain Sensor
***8226; Close Sunroof when the rain is detected (Rain Sensor should be turned on)

Instrument Cluster
***8226; Digital Speed in cluster (True car or Speedometer)
***8226; Disable Door Chime when the key FOB is in the slot.
***8226; Enable Efficient Dynamics Gear Shift Indicator (6 Speed Manual Transmission) 2007.3+
***8226; Instrument Cluster Lighting always On (Day & Night)
***8226; Red Clown Nose Blinking when locked (no alarm installed ***8211; only E46& E83)
***8226; Instant MPG (Only for ///M)
***8226; Fuel Tank Warning at 1/8 tank rather than 1/4 tank
***8226; Frost Warning (Chimes when below 37'F - only E46)

Lights
***8226; Double Blink Hazard lights
***8226; Side Marker/ Turn Signal Lights / Corner LED off with head lights
***8226; Disable windows safety feature (One touch window rolls up when door is open)
***8226; BFD (Brake Force Distribution) Lights on with regular breaking ***8211; Very bright break lights
***8226; Increase Brightness for Angle eyes
***8226; Fog Lights stays on with high beam or high beam flash
***8226; Fog lights always on with headlights (low beam, Auto)
***8226; Fog lights on with AE DRL
***8226; Fog Lights for Corner Lights (Fog lights will turn on for low speed turning)
***8226; Welcome Lights on (Turn on fog, Angel Eye, low beam, rear license plate lights when unlocking the car)
***8226; Follow Me Home Lights (Turn on low beam and break lights when trunk release button pressed once - FRM3)
***8226; Angel Eye on full power when low/high beam turned on (No Angel Eye dimming) ***8211; Not for LED halos.
***8226; Angel Eye as DRL instead of head lights
***8226; Rear Tail Lights ON with DRL
***8226; Delete Bulb Errors (Disable Cold/Warm Test after Retrofit)
***8226; Adjust the Auto Light Sensitivity (Head lights will not turn on when it is sunny)

Trunk
***8226; Close the trunk (tailgate) with the key FOB and button inside the cabin

Seat Belts
***8226; Remove Seat Belt Chime for Driver and Passenger

Others
***8226; Retrofit Coding

F Series vehicles are not supported

*Possibility to code specific option may vary depend on the model. I'm not liable for any and all possible damage and worry not though! In 50+ that I've coded I have not had a single coding-related error.

See less See more
#2 ·
Nice to know of someone close (I'm in the Milwaukee area). Let me know when you make some progress on the F10. I'm interested in the DIM, trunk close, mirror folding, and warning suppression. Maybe some other items too.

#5 ·
Just Perfect!

I had yesterday my appointment with icuc on my 2012 X5 35.
He coded me all the possible features in the car and I'm very happy with his service!
Thank you icuc, was a pleasure to meet you and a very friendly environment :thumbup:

I can't wait to get my Z4 out of winter hold to come back and get the features for this one as well. Thanks and see you soon!

#6 ·
I have a third party powertrain warranty for the next 2 years on my car. My initial instinct would be that this coding would not affect that. Can you guys confirm/deny this with certainty? I'm in Chicago and would definitely like some of these on my 2003 325ci convertible.

#7 ·
No one would notice the coding changes unless if you do some crazy stuff. My 2012 been to dealer couple of times and they never noticed at all.

The coding will not have anything to do with the engine and transmission. We are just enabling some feature that was already built in... If you ever worried, then going back to factory settings are very easy and quick.

#21 ·
The following additional options can be added for all the F series cars.

• Turn Auto Start/Stop OFF by default
  • Sets car's Auto Start/Stop function to start in the last used setting
  • Increase CIC stored addresses/messages from 25 to 50
  • Set High Beam Assistant Default to Automatic on
  • Button on key fob will be enabled to CLOSE the trunk
  • Enable Efficient Dynamics Sport CID (Power & Torque Meters)
  • Enable Turn Signals in HUD
  • Enable Adaptive Cruise Control iBrake Distance in HUD
  • Add menu for xDrive Torque Distribution
  • DVD in Motion
  • Disables camera legal disclaimer shown on PDC and Sideview
  • Pressure and Temperature Readings to the TPMS Screen
  • A/C to remember to stay off when you powered it off last time you turn off the car key
  • Digital Speed in the cluster

#24 ·
I just missed you by one day. When will you in the Chicagoland area again? I have a 2012 F10 - 550i. Can you code this model?

#25 ·
ICUC

What a service!! I am looking to have something done for my new E93 and F25. Be wonderful if you could assist me. Let me know when you in Chicago again and I'll send you a PM with my contact info. BTW I have a heated garage!! I'll send you a note on Gmail also.

ML

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.