BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Software update with BMW ConnectedDrive

64K views 41 replies 21 participants last post by  blue dragon 
#1 ·
Hello,

Have you updated the software (Software update for Bluetooth and USB audio interface)? When I put VIN number on the page I got the following options:

UPD01005 (Latest Version, 8.06 MB)
Update for vehicles with production date from March 2012 to present

UPD01004 (6.6 MB)
Update for vehicles with production date from March 2012 to present

UPD01000 (26 kb)
Update for vehicles with production date from March 2010 to August 2010

My BMW was produced in April 2011. I do not see option for me. However, the first and second option is for the same production period...?

http://www.bmw.com/com/en/owners/na...ooth_software_update_vin.jsp?region=&country=

#8 ·
Centre console, igintion on, then Setting, firmware update, takes a few seconds to find the Bin file. Also USB stick needs to be formated with FAT32. Glovebox USB is only for copying music to the harddrive in CIC.

#14 ·
I downloaded the .bin file to a USB drive, inserted it into the center console USB plug, navigated to Settings/Software Updates but I keep getting the following error message:

No USB Device with software connected to the USB audio interface. For more information: www.bmw.com/update.

I know that the USB port works since I have been using my iPod in it for 6 months now. Any thoughts??

#17 ·
That worked, thanks. I guess I need to work on my patience :D

#18 · (Edited)
Ok so I'm feeling like an idiot here...what did I do wrong? I have tried:

1. Download use Bin file.
2. Expanded .Bin file (and left original on there)
3. Used 3 different drives from 150 mb, 1 gb, and 8 gb. (I could export music from internal drive to all of them)
4. Reformatted the 150 mb, 1 gb to Fat32 (just in case maybe allocation size needs to be 512 and not 1024?)
5. The files are in the root of the drive and in fact the only things on there (no folders or other files)
6. Wait up to 5 min...car on Aux and/or Running

Still get that there is "No USB"

Current software is 003.004.031 and I was trying to install the 003.005.xxx so the iOS6 updates for the iPhone 4S work. I have turned on everything without the update and getting no SMS Text notifications (I don't want email).

Neighbors are thinking I am a nutcase for sitting in my car playing half the night...I'm just frustrated .... figure its time for bed...:bawling:

2011 x3 2.8i -- Production date March 2011

#24 ·
interesting question. I dont think BMWNA pays the dealer unless there is a 'problem'....

So a smart SA will look at you, nod, and say "Less put down 'sporadic issues with phone" or something like that- they they can do the update to 'resolve' the issue. If you look at the release notes and it lists any phone, be prepared to give that to the SA if he needs it to compelte the 'story'.

Then again they might do it as a courtest, but WTH, if BMW will pay them they might as well get paid!

#22 ·
Well I was evidently tired. Reformatted & tried again and it went.

Now I have totally useless SMS message integration with iphone...:rofl:
Why put something in the car you cannot get to or trigger by voice?

Maybe I'm giving it the wrong commands? I'm a new owner so still learning the system.

#25 · (Edited)
Wondering if this update allows iPhone owners to receive emails?

Software update
(MX-3.5.4, TX-3.5.5)
Content
> Office: Improved support for email messages.
> Telephone: Improved USB connection for
iPhone devices with iOS 5. Improved connectivity
of certain devices. For certain
devices, better display and stability during
calls. Improved Bluetooth connection with
HTC devices. Improved sorting of the
phone book in Android devices in Japan.
> Multimedia: Improved display of additional
album and track information. Improved connection
and control in Bluetooth audio
devices.

#28 ·
I may have not paid attention prior to updating but after playing around with the car a little I noticed that I can now play my iTunes music without using the cable plugged into the center console and just by using Bluetooth.

Another thing I noticed ( again it may have already been there and I just didn't pay attention to it before ) is the Bluetooth symbol now shows up in a small box.

Attachments

#29 ·
I may have not paid attention prior to updating but after playing around with the car a little I noticed that I can now play my iTunes music without using the cable plugged into the center console and just by using Bluetooth.

Another thing I noticed ( again it may have already been there and I just didn't pay attention to it before ) is the Bluetooth symbol now shows up in a small box.
This always shows when BT audio is selected. iTunes or any music could always be streamed from the phone via BT.

#40 ·
Huh?

#42 · (Edited)
I think 1008 was the last update for the E70. The CIC is really dated now. The NBT Evo, you just just use a longer press of the voice button on the wheel to activate Siri, and then respond via text message. As well, bluetooth control of apps such as Pandora and Spotify, so no need to plug in the cable ever. If you need to charge, wireless charging in the center console (hopefully Iphone edition in September - APPLE, ARE YOU LISTENING)? :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.