BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Can I make my 2011 328 i as fast as a 335 with spending a tin of money

26K views 91 replies 47 participants last post by  silver328i2007 
#1 ·
How do I make my 328 fast

#40 ·
I think he means "without spending a ton of money"

Biggest bang for the buck .... Nitrous .... N2O. Shoot for that extra 300 hp they'll claim you can get and when the motor melts down, put in a serious build. But then you'd be spending that ton of $$$ anyway.

Best advise, learn to drive that 328 and save your spare change for a 335. It's easier, and cheaper to buy fast than make fast.

#42 ·
Two options...

1) Find a 335 and follow it around the block for a few laps. If the HPFP hasn't crapped out on the 335 between laps 8 and 10 and the engine gone into limp mode, you have been extremely unlucky when you chose which 335 to follow.

or

2) Find a 335 with performance software and follow it around a track, by lap 5, the 335 will have overheated and gone into limp mode. You will be faster.

NB In the event that the 335 you have chosen is a 335d, just get it to follow you to some farm land. The 335d driver will not be able to resist the urge to plow a field. A 335d pulling a plow through a muddy field will be slower.

#46 ·
1) Find a 335 and follow it around the block for a few laps. If the HPFP hasn't crapped out on the 335 between laps 8 and 10 and the engine gone into limp mode, you have been extremely unlucky when you chose which 335 to follow.

or

2) Find a 335 with performance software and follow it around a track, by lap 5, the 335 will have overheated and gone into limp mode. You will be faster.

NB In the event that the 335 you have chosen is a 335d, just get it to follow you to some farm land. The 335d driver will not be able to resist the urge to plow a field. A 335d pulling a plow through a muddy field will be slower.
3) Fill up next to an M3 at a gas station. In 147 miles you will fly past him as he coasts to a stop, out of gas.

#45 ·
my 328i is faster than any non sport package 335i. a 335i will get up to speed faster but my M sport package 328i has the higher top speed. If it is a sport package 335i it is a different story. :)

The 328i already is a fast car as it is and unless you are here in europe you will never reach the car's potential in any legal manner.

#47 ·
Now that's a different kettle of fish...if you go around making a proper distinction between "fast" and "quick," we will have to go back and do the whole thread over. :rofl:

+10 to the second part!

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Bimmer

#48 ·
How did this ever get to 2 pages?

//begin highjack
Has anyone noticed the change in both who's posting here in E9Xland and the nature of the posts? There's a distinct evolution.
//end highjack

#61 · (Edited)
Just drove another new 335i for the fourth time in the past year, still didn't see the big deal. Can the 335i go faster than my 328i? Sure, but for street driving, hardly significant, that is if you are not afraid to push the pedal on the 328i, where it's power sweet spot is.

The 335i's do have nice exhaust notes. I am sure taking it to the track or autox, 335i is the way to go.

#62 · (Edited)
well I just got to do 75 miles in a 2011 328x (my baby is at summer camp getting a flush and alignment :cry:) and man is that sucker slow lmao, I mean a guy in a lancer (not evo) pooped all over me :rofl:

I do see the fun mashing the throttle down and hearing it rev to the redline, and still doing under 85 :p... But its all in the perspective, if you always driven a slow car this thing will feel fast, if you've been in porsches, higher up bmws/mb's it feels slow.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.