BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Finally, the first pictures of my dream

3K views 16 replies 9 participants last post by  FSelekler 
#1 ·
#7 ·
Thank you for the kind words. It is good to hear from you again Alex and TD.

The experience is certainly exhilarating. I have nothing to compare it to. This has been more than I expected from a car. Actually, I just returned from a back-roads drive, and it was fantastic; now I can get a good night's sleep.

P.S. I am in Germantown, MD - sjs.

#9 ·
:thumbdwn: Sorry TD, step; wife wants to drive as well. However, I have to say that I am very impressed with the Step, definetly the best automatic I had thus far. Granted, does not compare to a 5-spd, but does a very good job in mimicking it.

For one, it does not accelerate by itself like other automatics I had. Engine breaking is phenamonal given that it is an auto. I find myself 90% in the manual mode as it is so easy to change gears and the step just obeys what I want it to do. One exception: switching to 1st gear from 2nd takes about 1 to 1.5 seconds; that is long. Other gears, up or down is immediate no matter what the speed is. Gear ratios are great for my type of driving.

And yes, I love back roads. This car brought new meaning to it for me. Actually, I wanted to ask someone about sway bars. My understanding is that it will reduce body flex and have the car lean to sides less than stock. Do I have the right understanding?:dunno:

#10 ·
Sorry, forgot the options, the usuals actually:

- Bi-Xns
- Step
- SP
- PP
- 18"ers.

Unfortunately, I do not have a digicam, and my current camera is not taking good pictures. However, I can tell you now, the tire and wheel combination is well worth the money. Not much harsh, but road holding is awesome. Of course, again, the only reference point I have is my old Honda's 205 16" 60% profile tires, a very different handling. I wonder how they would compare to the stock 17"ers of the 3 series.

#11 · (Edited)
Blah, Blah, Blah!! Hehe..

Actually, I wanted to ask someone about sway bars. My understanding is that it will reduce body flex and have the car lean to sides less than stock. Do I have the right understanding?:dunno: [/B]

Does not really help flex, but does definetly reduce the lean in the corners!! I was a little dissapointed with the lean when I bought the car. I think it came from the fact that at the time I was deciding between a used 99 M3 coupe and my 330ci. I drove them back to back because my dealer had both on the lot.

Ended up with the 330 because I wanted new and loved the style. Btw, at the time then were going for the same price, because the new M was not out yet.

So, one of the things that I really enjoyed more about the M was the flatness in the corners. Now the 330 with the bars still does not compare, but it is ALOT better then stock. Still thinking about H&R race springs, but I don't know if I want a harsher ride and MORE rattles, the coupe comes with enough already!! :lmao:

Just my .02.

Oh and definatly also get the M3 steering wheel. Worth every penny!! :thumb:

Hope that helps!!

#15 ·
Hehehe. My wife's pushing me to paint the garage walls this spring, probably will do it.

18"ers are superb, little harsh over *major* potholes, and up and down movement of the car is there due to stiff suspension settings. But it makes up for everything else that it gives: great handling and road feeling.

Steering weight is very well adjusted for this setup.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.