BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Can you send GPS coordinates to MyInfo

Tags
myinfo
4K views 12 replies 6 participants last post by  anjizkit 
#1 ·
Hi I'm hoping someone can help me here, I'm looking to get a new 2010 535xi (mainly a 2010 because of the new NAV) and I was wondering if someone with the new Nav on a 3-serrirs can tell me can you send Google GPS coordinates through Google MyInfo to the car. I like to hike trails and sometimes all I have is a GPS location for the trail start. There is no way to enter this directly from the car so I would have to use Google to send it ahead of time. But I'm not sure how the car will treat an email with only a GPS coordinate. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Here is a sample to use
http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&tab=wl&q=Latitude 37°10'31.75"N

#3 ·
I can't get your link to work. But I put in 34.218,-117.56 (you have to use decimal) into Google Maps and it sent to my car just fine. (09 E93)

In the MyInfo message, it has the coords where a business name would normally be.

Excellent idea, I might use that myself! Good alternative to the '.3 miles past the third dead tree' type instructions!

#4 ·
I can't get your link to work. But I put in 34.218,-117.56 (you have to use decimal) into Google Maps and it sent to my car just fine. (09 E93)

In the MyInfo message, it has the coords where a business name would normally be.

Excellent idea, I might use that myself! Good alternative to the '.3 miles past the third dead tree' type instructions!
How do you know what BMW Assist Account name to use?

#9 ·
And when they got to the car I assume it had no issue routing to the GPS cords. Also since this is rather confusing MyInfo is free on 09+ for the first 4 years correct?

Thanks
Robert
My Info is part of BMW Assist. I believe it is standard on the 5 series. It is a stand alone option on the 3 series and also part of the Premium Package. BMW Assist includes the first 4 years of service.

#12 · (Edited)
And when they got to the car I assume it had no issue routing to the GPS cords. Also since this is rather confusing MyInfo is free on 09+ for the first 4 years correct?

Thanks
Robert
Yes I checked that it had a route. Though I picked a spot on a road. Dunno what it would do if you had something in the middle of a forest.

I think the BMWAssist/MyInfo is free for 4 years, might be just one, not sure. Comes with Premium package. I use MyInfo messages from Google a lot. Will probably renew it if I still have the car at expiration.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.