BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Was at the BMW dealership today. Funniest thing

3K views 11 replies 10 participants last post by  Bemo 
#1 ·
When the driver picked me up from home. We got on to new things in cars and how the new 328i sounds like a 1.6l diesel. I happened to say that least all cars come with cameras next year and he said yeah.

Yesterday someone brought a loaner back and complained she damaged it.

"I drove into something today and damaged the car".
"What happened" Said the receptionist.
"The stupid car did no tell me to stop when I was reversing."

LOL

#2 ·
Yesterday someone brought a loaner back and complained she damaged it.

"I drove into something today and damaged the car".
"What happened" Said the receptionist.
"The stupid car did no tell me to stop when I was reversing."

LOL
I would laugh with you except it is too depressing. :bawling:

#3 ·
#5 ·
For the fist time in 4 years, I'm driving a car without PDC. I must confess that I had a couple close calls parallel parking the first few weeks. I had been trained to keep an eye on my rear wheel via the passenger mirror and just listen to the beeps to gauge how much space I had in the rear.

#7 ·
My '06 545i had PDC and the wife's SUV has a back up camera. Having to turn around and actually look where I am going in my technologically deficient 3 and Z is very old school.
But you still do it, right? And you don't blame the car if you don't and something bad happens. ;)

#10 ·
Shame...:(.

Having obtained driver's licenses on both sides of the Atlantic pond, I must say it's way too easy to get one on this side! At least in Connecticut, one is required to answer 12 out of 16 questions correctly, coupled with a 5-minute drive, typically around your local DMV, and you have yourself a freshly-minted driver's license. And the demolition derby begins...

In contrast, the other side of the pond required me to answer 120 questions, with an allowance for a total of 3 mistakes. But that wasn't even the hardest part. A long drive ensued...about 30 min of city driving with all sorts of challenging scenarios, which culminated in another 30 minutes of highway driving, of course in a car with a manual transmission.

Needless to say, 20/30% of applicants failed the written test or the driving part, on their 1st attempt.

End result: Better drivers on the roads and a whole lot LESS accidents. The stats are there to prove it.

Make of this what you will...I am extra vigilant each time I drive and have avoided lots of troubles. Looking around at other drivers is always scary however, and it's not the applying of make up or shaving, or even reading books in traffic that bothers me, it's how indicative it is of a total lack of situational awareness and common sense.

In closing, for as long as I can afford to, I will drive German cars just for the additional level of safety they provide.

Alex

#11 ·
...At least in Connecticut, one is required to answer 12 out of 16 questions correctly, coupled with a 5-minute drive, typically around your local DMV, and you have yourself a freshly-minted driver's license. And the demolition derby begins...

Alex
The California DMV test is similar to Connecticut's. That said, I manage to pass (driving a manual) & maintain a accident free record for 40+ years. As well as my wife in her 40+ years of driving & now my three daughters (well into their 40 year skein & all trained to operate a manual before they took the DMV driving test). Guess our family falls outside those statistics.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.