BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Spied: 2014 F80 M3 fully EXPOSED in Yas Marina Blue Metallic

10K views 17 replies 16 participants last post by  Dr. 328xi 
#1 · (Edited)
2014 F80 M3 fully exposed

We bring you the first pictures of the 2014 F80 M3 fully exposed. These pictures are from a gopro camera and show the production bodywork on this 2014 M3 sedan in the new exclusive M color, Yas Marina Blue Metallic. Official details on the F80 M3 and F82 M4 will be released closer to the world debut at the Detroit Auto Show in January 2014. If you've got a 2014 F80 M3 sedan or F82 M4 coupe in mind look at the leaked preliminary ordering guide.

With the preliminary order guides leaking out today it could mean we'll see the M3 and M4 as soon as March of 2014!

More picture of the F80 M3 in Yas Marina Blue Metallic

See less See more
#7 · (Edited)
I think BMW may be trying to set the record for the most shades of blue ever offered by a car manufacturer. (Or just push the record further out of reach, seeing as how they own Rolls Royce and their 40,000-color paint palette.) Why so little love for other saturated colors?

I will have to see this one in person to decide on it...if I can, even then. Laguna Seca Blue is often called "Smurf Blue" but this looks much Smurfier than LSB .... :dunno:

#9 ·
In the mid 60's Chevrolet had a color called "Marina Blue"

It was available on the entire line up including Impalas, Chevelles and Corvettes.

#12 · (Edited)
It's hard to tell from the photos...looks like it may be appearing lighter than it actually is due to the sun (and my crappy monitor in my office), but it kinda reminds me of Audi's sprint/nogaro blues from a few years back...which I always really admired.

#13 ·
I like the color but what lurks beneath isn't negated, such as the awful front styling (integrated headlights/kidney grills and the oh-so-awful hood line). This of course is just my humble opinion but NOT something that a color can ever mask or help me get over.

#18 ·
This is probably my favorite thing about the M3. Looks like a regular 3er sedan until moves. I don't have any use for spoilers, hood scoops and other visual cues about performance. The M sedans' biggest draw is their subtlety. Given the choice, I'd love to see an M3 wagon... especially since we'll never see another S4/RS4 wagon in the States...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.