BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Headliner Pics!!

5K views 29 replies 19 participants last post by  Turo37765 
#1 ·
Check it guys - new, black, suede headliner. It's awesome; I love it. Pics were hard to take, but here's what I have:

See less See more
#8 ·
I called my local BMW dealer to see if they could do it, but they referred me to a place called Rayco. The foam behind the headliner was split (some stuck to the headliner, some stuck to the roof), like how an Oreo is when you split it apart.... That being said, it wasn't re-glue-able because the glue would be uneven, wouldn't stick properly, and could seep through the liner itself. This being the case, I decided to go all out and get everything redone so it all matched. I just ordered alcantara e-brake and shift boots to match. When I install these and get the back speaker deck done, I'll post pics of the completed "project." Thanks for the interest and compliments guys!

#12 ·
Yes. This price was for the roof, the four pillars, the back deck, and the sunroof. The guy there said taking out the sunroof was a $100 job in itself. The suede material was another $100 or so. So if you get just a normal material on a non-sunroof car, it would be around $450. Not bad, I think... :dunno:

#19 ·
Looks great, can't go wrong with black headliners.

Sent from my Droid using Bimmer App

#24 ·
If I could do it over again I would do mine my self, but the place that did my headliner also fixed my broken sunroof....would not close and it was winter time so had to get it done quick...so $450 wasnt bad for headliner and fixing sunroof i dont guess.

#25 ·
I should have mine done in 2-3 weeks I think I'll post a DIY. its going to be vented padded vinyl like the black seats with all the dots holes in it.

#26 ·
Sexy very sexy!!!!!!!! I'm going to do almost the same thing to my interior I'm not going to use swede on the headliner to heavy with that weight it will separate from the foam sooner then a lighter material, but it still looks very good might be worth it to go that route. I stuck between swede or leather for my door panels and pillars. Back deck would be swede. Seats will be done in leather or just try to find some 325i seats......I really like what you did:D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.