BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

X5 Diesel

2K views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  bimmer1234 
#1 ·
Hi, does anyone know if there are any differences between the 2012 diesel model vs the 2013 one?
I drive my brothers yukon from time to time and i'll watch videos on his double din, im guessing i cant mod in a ipod for example to play on the nav screen?

#2 ·
Stick with the Yukon if you need videos to drive.....

#3 ·
After a few months of being on this forum, I think someone should update their signature tag to 'keep it as rude as possible...'

To address the actual question, rather than a jabbing one liner...I think it is possible to rig the vehicle to play video even while driving. There are plenty of after market options for that, I know we did this in a few of our cars in the past. Obviously, for safety reasons they don't make it standard. But I have never understood why it's such a big deal, especially for road trips to want to be able to have something playing for the front seat passenger. I'm not a tech expert, but I am sure there is a way to get the job done. It's not a 'need', but if you are driving any vehicle over 50K I don't think the word 'need' would apply.

#5 ·
I have a problem with anyone wanting to watch a video while driving. If the front seat passenger has to watch something, then go in the back and watch it there or do without. The driver has their own full screen panoramic 3D "video" to watch -- its called THE ROAD!:tsk: BTW, that Yukon never came from the factory with the front seat video enabled while underway.:angel:

#7 ·
funny how posters assume that I will be watching while driving, i never said that I would be driving while watching did i? To automatically assume that I would be watching while driving implies you know me and thats definitely not the case. For further clarification, I watch movies while im waiting around for my folks to close their store and i have to double park or when my brother is driving. Is there really time to watch movies while weaving in and out of traffic in nyc? Not for me.

#8 ·
Exactly...just because a movie is on for others in the car doesn't imply you are going to watch it. Funny how a simple technical question turns in to people telling you what you should or should not do...just because your vehicle can go 120 mph, doesn't mean you are going to drive that fast. Same with video playing in drive.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.