BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Question and advice needed on a '13 535i lease

3K views 16 replies 9 participants last post by  NeoBMW 
#1 · (Edited)
Hello,

New member here. Joined in since going to the Beamer dealership tommorow to "possibly" close a deal on a 2013 535i with M SPORT, TECH AND PREMIUM packages.

I always driven Lexus in my life and just bought a Mercedes GL450.

Anyways I wanted to compare a lease quote I received from the dealer today.

MSRP 63.5K. I have negotiated the price to $59k (although doesn't matter in a lease I guess)

36 month, 10k miles and with $4000 down, they quoted me $698 + tax per month. I walked out and told them to work on better numbers. They did add the winter rebate option but I asked for more discounts.

The dealership was swampped today (good for beamer) and I had to leave and wasn't able to talk directly with the sales mgr. Take 2 tommorow.

Any suggestions on lease terms? Fair?

Thanks.

New Beamer Owner (maybe) :thumbup:

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
Hello,

New member here. Joined in since going to the Beamer dealership tommorow to "possibly" close a deal on a 2013 535i with M SPORT, TECH AND PREMIUM packages.

MSRP 63.5K. I have negotiated the price to $59k (although doesn't matter in a lease I guess)

36 month, 10k miles and with $4000 down, they quoted me $698 + tax per month. I walked out and told them to work on better numbers. They did add the winter rebate option but I asked for more discounts.

I do not want to pay more than $3000 and payment not more than $650 / month (tax included)

The dealership was swampped today (good for beamer) and I had to leave and wasn't able to talk directly with the sales mgr. Take 2 tommorow.

Thanks.

Negotiating the final price in the lease does matter, and it matters a lot unless you don't care about the money in your bank account.
I would not rush to your dealer in the morning, talk to one of the site sponsors, and get a better idea about leasing.
Also, you are better off posting your question in ask-a-dealer section of these forums.
Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Bimmer App

#3 ·
Hello,

I do not want to pay more than $3000 and payment not more than $650 / month (tax included)

Thanks.

You need to educate yourself some more on leasing.

Figure out your money factor, get the sales price locked down, get your discounts figured out, check acquisition fee. Leases can be very beneficial but you have to be very aware of all parts of deal to make it so.

I've also learned to avoid putting money down on a lease.

#4 ·
Think of a lease in the same terms as purchase loan. The factors are the same, except paying to zero balance, you're paying to the residual value. In that sense, purchase price definitely does matter. As does your interest rate (money factor) and how much cash you put in.

Just like a loan, always negotiate each item separately.

#5 · (Edited)
Hello,

Thanks.

Having just done this recently, those numbers are high. Here is what I would suggest:

1-the easiest thing would be to intact a sponsor like Grep Poland who is in SoCal. You will get the best rates from a sponsor. If you want to struggle and work with your dealer then...

Get all of your numbers together.

From the dealer...
MSRP
Agreed Sale price
Incentives they are applying
Aq fee
Money factor
Any other fees

On your own
Invoice price (obtain at bmwconfig.com)
Incentives you are eligible ($2000 credit that I know of, but there is also usaa, loyalty, etc that may be available.

Post them here, the community will help you but you have to provide all the details.

A car like this should be 500-750 over the invoice price before the incentives. MF should be .00130, and aq fee should be $725.

#6 ·
Thx all for comments.

I think I was being too simple abt purchase price not being important, ofcourse it is.

I'm not new to the car buying game as I hv bought several cars throughout the yrs but new to leasing. I'm not emotionally attached to the car so I'm not running to the dealership and would've signed off on the deal yesterday.

Now having said that, I do appreciate the numbers. That'll help.
Invoice is abt 57500 on the car, they are willing to come down to 58500. As I have said, today was the actual numbers broken down discussions with the sales mgr so ill get the data to post.

I'll try to contact the dealer on this site. I am 30miles from Glendale.

So what would be a good deal at this point. Ofcourse Tier1 credit.

#7 ·
Sales price of $500 over invoice before incentives. Acquisition fee $725 and Base MF.

#8 ·
NEO BMW......... please check your email I have a deal that will make you come to dealership this afternoon.. let's just say $2,500 drive off + incentives $648 a month $63k+ msrp 535i...tick tock I will SLAM THAT OTHER OFFER... tick tock :) todayis your BLACK FRIDAY MY FRIEND
'

#10 ·
Wow, $50 less per month and almost 2k less at drive off... Nice!

#16 ·
Make sure you post do epics of the car when you get it. Btw keep as much of your cash as you can, use it for MSDs even if you can't swing all 7, it's better than putting it as part of down payment. My $.02. I wish I had taken advantage of MSDs.

#17 ·
Would luv to post pix but the deal seems to have stalled. I cannot thank Greg from Pacific BMW enough as he is awesome to deal with. He is CLEAR, OPEN and AGGRESIVE. Great working with him and I would refer him to anyone on this forum in SOCAL looking for a BMW. He undercut my last dealers offer so nicely.

The issue is that the deal he is giving me on a pretty loaded Alpine White, I want it on an Imperial Blue.

All the numbers are fine, I'm already approved by BMWFS now we are having issues with getting a an Imperial Blue with blk interior, M/TECH/PREM Pacakages with Greg's deal.

He is trying and I hope this can happen before I or my wife makes me change my mind ;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.