BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Z3 power seat switch

7K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  MNZ3 
#1 ·
i've had my bimmer fo almost a yr and have really enjoyed driving it last summer this winter i replaced plugs filters and fixed the seat rocking with douges bushings now i need to find a replacement fo rthe power seat switch i have searched several sites to no avail they have al the switches but the power seat switch anybody got suggestions:dunno:

#2 ·
Find the correct PN on realoem.com : input the last seven digits of your VIN ; click on "browse parts" then look under "Vehicle electrical system/ Switch" ; find the correct PN.
You can get then get the part at your dealer at possibly a fairly high cost or go on getbmwparts.com at a lesser cost but you have to pay for the delivery.
If you are OK with used parts then go ebay but beware, they all say they have a compatible part but that is often not true : there is 2 types of switch depending on your build date.

#5 ·
The PS switch went bad on my 98 Z3. I had to get the numbers off my old switch to get the correct one, as their seemed to be some problems looking it up in the parts dept. of my 2 fairly local BMW dealers. After taking in the old switch, it only took 3 days to get a replacement. My cost was about $120, I don't remember exactly. Putting it in is fairly straight forward, but you do need to take the seat out. I did not take the seat belt out, but just turned the seat over to access the bottom. Not the easiest job in the world, but got it done.
Gary

#7 · (Edited)
Did you have any luck finding the switch? I have a 2000 Z with a broken switch on the passenger side that I would like to replace too.
I found the switches on the realoem.com site, but they list the switch and then the same switch but for a "sports seat". How do I know
whether or not I have a "sports seat"? What is the difference?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.