BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Technic PnP :: HiFi (676) PnP Harness

107K views 218 replies 78 participants last post by  Technic 
#1 · (Edited)
This harness helps replace the OEM amp (black case) of the following models:

1999-2006 E46 3-Series and M3 HiFi (standard) and Harman Kardon (optional) sound system OEM amp
2006-2009 and 20011.5-on E90 and E92 3-Series HiFi (standard) sound system
2007-on E93 3-Series and all E9x M3 HiFi (standard) sound system
2008-2009 and 2011.5-on 1-Series HiFi system (standard)

Harness features include:

- labeled speaker input wires
- OEM remote turn on activation by relay
- OEM HU/iDrive RCA output cables

No OEM wires to cut, tapped or spliced. Just unplug OEM amp, connect this harness to your aftermarket/balanced inputs-compatible amp and then plug it into the OEM audio harness. Aftermarket amp requires connection to the OEM battery 12V and ground, harness will not provide power to aftermarket amp.

Price is $75 shipped in the USA. PayPal accepted...

:thumbup:

See less See more
#4 ·
This is neat, so it plugs into the trunk where the amp is? I wasn't aware this was on the market ive never seen it before, where did you get it from?
Sorry, I have already cut my trunk harness up, GLWS!!!

#7 ·
Technic, We just purchased a 2011 328i with idrive and the standard sound system. It does not have the door tweeters. Would your harness work for this car? We have to do something about the sound system. it's terrible. I think our first step would be to upgrade the amp.

Thanks

#21 · (Edited)
Thanks... if your 328i has a black OEM amp in the left side of the trunk then this harness will work. And by the way, your email does not work.

Please, I would need to know if the distribution block in your car has any empty slots (single or double) and if there are any metal blades inside that slot.

For example, the blue connector is a single slot in the photo attached.

Attachments

#22 ·
I see six slots. 1st one from left was take with 8gauge red wire, 2nd slot, I read 12.8v without car key in, 3rd one with blue dot is taken with black wire. 4,5 and sixth slots have grey dots on them and I didn't feel any metal contact inside slots. I just found out you also have 8"subwoofer with pre fabed enclosure I would like to buy. How much are they and where do I get more info?

#23 ·
I see six slots. 1st one from left was take with 8gauge red wire, 2nd slot, I read 12.8v without car key in, 3rd one with blue dot is taken with black wire. 4,5 and sixth slots have grey dots on them and I didn't feel any metal contact inside slots. I just found out you also have 8"subwoofer with pre fabed enclosure I would like to buy. How much are they and where do I get more info?
Is that a single or a double slot?

I don't sell any 8" pre-fab enclosure but contact this site for a 10" enclosure for a Sedan: www.musicarnw.com

I can get one made for a Coupe, PM for details.

#26 ·
Hey technic... I am upgrading my audio system I'm just adding sub woofers to the car.. I need to find out exactly which audio system my car has... What does the harness come with? Also what is an amplifier kit? Sorry if I'm asking to many questions I'm not to experienced in audio upgrade.. Thanks man.

#27 ·
The E90/E46 HiFi harness kit includes:

- harness
- 6ft of 12V, 3ft of ground cables, 4AWG max, terminated with OEM connectors for PnP connection to the battery distribution block and ground point.

Inline fuse holder -max 60A fuse- is $10 extra.

The harness is used to replace the OEM amp in the HiFi system. The HiFi system has a black amp in the left side of the trunk.

#29 ·
Hey technic,

I've been researching on the Internet and I came across the Audiocontrol Lc6i.. Now I've seen some threads where people installed it.. Can you please explain to me what that is and what it does and if I even need it... Sorry if I'm asking so many questions, I just want to install my system the correct way the first time... Thanks

#30 ·
The LC6i is a line output converter (high to low level) and line driver (increases the amplitude of the low level signal) in one single box. It is not needed for a HiFi system as the OEM outputs are low level and 5V balanced standard.

If the idea is to replace the OEM amp with a more powerful aftermarket amplifier and still keep OEM speakers then the direct and best OEM amp replacement is the JL Audio XD600/6. No need of any device between this HiFi harness and the XD amp.

#31 ·
Hey Technic,

Thanks so much for your help... I checked my paperwork for the car and there is no mention of enhanced premium sound or logic 7 setup... I am assuming that I have the hifi system.. I do have hd radio but I don't know if that is in the hifi system... Anyways I would like to purchase a harness for my car.. Can you please send me information on how to do so....

Thanks so much

#32 ·
Hey Technic,

Thanks so much for your help... I checked my paperwork for the car and there is no mention of enhanced premium sound or logic 7 setup... I am assuming that I have the hifi system.. I do have hd radio but I don't know if that is in the hifi system... Anyways I would like to purchase a harness for my car.. Can you please send me information on how to do so....

Thanks so much
There should be a black OEM amp in the left side of your trunk, under the grey plastic cover.

PM for details.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.