BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Technic PnP :: HiFi (676) PnP Harness

107K views 218 replies 78 participants last post by  Technic 
#1 · (Edited)
This harness helps replace the OEM amp (black case) of the following models:

1999-2006 E46 3-Series and M3 HiFi (standard) and Harman Kardon (optional) sound system OEM amp
2006-2009 and 20011.5-on E90 and E92 3-Series HiFi (standard) sound system
2007-on E93 3-Series and all E9x M3 HiFi (standard) sound system
2008-2009 and 2011.5-on 1-Series HiFi system (standard)

Harness features include:

- labeled speaker input wires
- OEM remote turn on activation by relay
- OEM HU/iDrive RCA output cables

No OEM wires to cut, tapped or spliced. Just unplug OEM amp, connect this harness to your aftermarket/balanced inputs-compatible amp and then plug it into the OEM audio harness. Aftermarket amp requires connection to the OEM battery 12V and ground, harness will not provide power to aftermarket amp.

Price is $75 shipped in the USA. PayPal accepted...

:thumbup:

See less See more
#46 ·
Hi Technic,

I'm planning on upgrading the audio system of my E93 M3 with hi-fi system (amp in the boot) with the latest iDrive..I'm planning on having the following installed in the front...

Morel Hybrid ovations & Morel tweeters
Earthquake SWS-8 subs
all connected to an Audison lrx 6.9 amp
With an Audison BitOne processor

I intend to keep the rears connected to the standard amp.

I don't want the installer cutting and splicing around the oem connectors so thought your harness/connectors maybe suitable...what would you recommend?!

Also would you recommend spacers for the Earthquake subs?

All the best,

David

#47 ·
Hi David

I did an E93 M3 sound system using Morel HO in the front and SWS-8 underseat last year: http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=405224

The Morel HO requires an special spacer/bracket to fit your front doors or the magnet will hit the window mechanism. Look at the last page of that thread and you will see the plastic spacer that I created just for the Morel HO and the E92/93 front doors.

You could also take a look at the new Hybrid Audio Carbon speakers for the front: http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=605465 ... no special spacers required, great sound.

The SWS-8 also require spacers.

The HiFi harness that I sell replaces completely the OEM amp so it is not possible to keep it to power the rear speakers.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.