BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Is Dinan Software upgrade standard on Sports?

2K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  noodlesandsam 
#1 ·
I have been trying to find info on this. I already emailed them(should hear back by tomorrow). I saw a few photos on Google where it looked like a white sticker in the same place as mine, but could not read it. Many 740i sports engine pics didnt show any sticker at all..maybe lost, worn away, etc?

But I cannot find any info except people wanting dinan upgrades on the Sports packages & others saying it is a waste of money...runs the whole gamut of opinions. But no one talks about having it as "factory".

Just wondering if this is because of the Sports Package with the rear gear & converter. But I figured BMW would be able to do their own programming for that? Why have Dinan do it?

See less See more
#2 ·
Not something I have seen out here, sorry.

#4 ·
No, Dinan software was not standard on any production vehicle, always something you bought extra.

Sent from my LG Revolution 4G using BimmerApp

#5 · (Edited)
re:

That sticker would only be put on by Dinan or an authorized Dinan rep. its not OEM to the sport package it's aftermarket and usually means either a software upgrade for the engine or trans or both ( it's a good thing ). I believe Dinan would only badge a 7 if it has at a minimum of 3 of their upgrades when I had an 88 M5 I had suspension and software and brakes done and they badged it you can call them and ask they usually have info by your vin number if they did any work........

#6 ·
I am waiting on a email back from Scott.

Just talked to my friend who is a mutual friend of the guy that runs the dyno here in Panama... It is fricken closed down. grrrr. Cannot really blame him as the govt shut down the only race track. But next year there should be a new one opening up so hopefully the dyno will open back up.

setconstr, do you know of any data logger software available?

#8 · (Edited)
Shows things like O2 voltage, engine speed, water temps, ignition, fuel injector pulse, traction control, etc.

here is a vid from racepak. Stuff we use in the drag racing world.

Everything you see in this video is available from the cars computers.
I data log any vehicle I own. Just trying to figure it out on this car.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NHbrxJT2Ry0

Racepak link

#10 ·
First look appears to have the DINAN Cold Air intake and also MAS. With that you can also assume that there is at least a Stage 2-3 engine software installed unless other components were also added such as exhaust, throttle body, intake, etc. The vehicle doesn't become a DINAN 7 until a certain amount of points are accumulated associated with the parts/ accesories installed. DINAN should be able to tell you, via your VIN what was installed in your vehicle. Good Luck!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.